Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calling all true bikers

• 26-04-2011 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭

hello guys/dolls

I am a business student at DIT and i have been assigned to carry out a survey of something which i have an interest. i chose motorbiking in ireland. i need at least 20 more respondants to have a valid survey so if you could spend 3-5 mins and fill it out that would be brilliant.

https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eLNnHiyUQr1W1Rq

thanks again
    djaforza

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

done, but not sure about the "true" biker part :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭stratowide

There's 2 for ya..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

done x 2 (his & her's).

BTW - choosing the bike part - most bikers I know have more than 1, so choosing 1 only is skewing results a bit.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...BTW - choosing the bike part - most bikers I know have more than 1, so choosing 1 only is skewing results a bit...

Was just about to say the same thing. I just happen to have two suzukis at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Done!

Agreed on the choosing the bike part.

Also, not really sure about the question ranking in order of most used and effectiveness anti theft stuff – was it what I consider the most effective, or which I use most? For example, I probably use my alarm the most, but I’d consider a ground anchor to be potentially more effective in certain situations…which should I have ranked higher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Agreed on multiple bikes, just chose one at random.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

As a biker whos just finished writing a Thesis I'm happy to help. :cool:

Agree with the lads on the multi-bike bit, I've a Honda and a BMW at the minute but could only answer one. Other than that its well enough put together, you get to enjoy the analysis now! Thats always fun. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

done.

read title and thought HA are lookin for prospects!!

then again.....naaawwww:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

We thank you for your time spent taking this survey.
    Your response has been recorded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

KamiKazi wrote: »
    We thank you for your time spent taking this survey.
    Your response has been recorded.

Snap. Done here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

done. (longtime lurker)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭rameire

done

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Done. Also if you have more than one helmet/jacket etc that might skew your results also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

galwaytt wrote: »
    done x 2 (his & her's).

BTW - choosing the bike part - most bikers I know have more than 1, so choosing 1 only is skewing results a bit.

i stopped when i realised i could only pick one (it'd be like choosing a child)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Done.

i own a few bikes, all different makes.
    No option for full leathers, and no option for safety gear : back protector, gloves, etc.
    No question on training.
    No question on types of bikes.
    No question on type of use, all year round or just sunny days.
    Should ask more questions and have more options to get a more clearer picture of bikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Done.

i own a few bikes, all different makes.
    No option for full leathers, and no option for safety gear : back protector, gloves, etc.
    No question on training.
    No question on types of bikes.
    No question on type of use, all year round or just sunny days.
    Should ask more questions and have more options to get a more clearer picture of bikers.

Whilst true, sometimes, less is more.

If it's a general motorcycle-within-society type study, the above is too much. If it's a specific within-motorcycling study, then, fair enough.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Done:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Done;)

I put the RRP of my Helmet and Clothing as i usually get stuff in cotters and i recently got some bargains at the NEC. ie

Helmet RRP 550, (Shark RSR2) paid 250 in cotters

Pants RST Pro series, RRP 149gbp, paid 40gbp at the NEC

Jacket Duchinni Vortex, RRP 180, paid 120(i think) Cotters

Boots, Oxtars, RRP 250, paid 130 in cotters

Ye cant beat cotters for a bargain.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Paschcom

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 amc01

Done!!

Advertisement