Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suckling pig in Dublin

Options
  • 26-04-2011 3:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to spit roast a sucking pig for a party i'm having soon..anybody know where in dublin i can get one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Do a forum search for 'hog roast' & you should get a few results. Probably not Dublin-specific though, but may cover your location.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Do a forum search for 'hog roast' & you should get a few results. Probably not Dublin-specific though, but may cover your location.

Nah i dont want one of those companies to do the cooking,i'm gonna do that myself..i just want the piggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

http://owelorganic.wordpress.com/farm-shop/ this guy sells whole pigs...he's in mullingar which is only 40 min down the motorway..give him a shout and see if he does suckling pigs

Just found this bloke offering whole piglet for 120!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sucking pigs can be got from Pallas foods, or at least they used to sell them.
    €120 will buy a lot bigger pig than a sucking pig, you can buy 2 month old pigs for €70 that have just weaned.

• Advertisement

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Sucking pigs can be got from Pallas foods, or at least they used to sell them.
    €120 will buy a lot bigger pig than a sucking pig, you can buy 2 month old pigs for €70 that have just weaned.

the quote i got was a 20 kilo(cleaned) pig for 120..is that good?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Degsy wrote: »
    the quote i got was a 20 kilo(cleaned) pig for 120..is that good?
    Sounds dear to me to be honest. I am a little confused as to what you want.
    A sucking pig is less than 1 month old, ie still sucking milk. A spitroaster is a different animal probably 3 months old.
    You would generally not spitroast a suckling pig as they are so small and cook so quickly a spitroaster would take quite a bit longer to do as they are so much bigger.
    Have you asked a butcher for a price for a whole 20kg dressed pig?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Sounds dear to me to be honest. I am a little confused as to what you want.
    A sucking pig is less than 1 month old, ie still sucking milk. A spitroaster is a different animal probably 3 months old.
    You would generally not spitroast a suckling pig as they are so small and cook so quickly a spitroaster would take quite a bit longer to do as they are so much bigger.
    Have you asked a butcher for a price for a whole 20kg dressed pig?

Maybe i didnt make myself clear enough..not knowing the difference between one pig an another.

I'm looking for a 20-30 kilo pig to roast,i presume this means it aint a sucking pig..i have asked my local butcher and am waiting on a reply.

Advertisement