Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Box, Sockel AM3 Fan Help Please

Options
  • 26-04-2011 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Im after building my new pc and its using a AMD Phenom II X4 955 Box, Sockel AM3 CPU

As far as I can see its connected ok. But the fan keeps spinning, does anyone know if this normal? There is a 40 in red led on the motherboard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Keeps spinning when it's on?... Or off?

What is the motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Sorry when its on.

Its a ASRock 880G Extreme3, AM3, ATX.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yeah, the heatsink fan will always stay on unless there's available settings in the BIOS to vary with load/temperatures.
    Speedfan allows you to vary according to temperatures if you think that it's noisy, but it's a bit fiddly (in that the temperatures and fans are usually not labelled and you have to investigate which is which).

According to the manual, 40 indicates that new devices have been installed. It doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about unless your system is completely stopping at that point.
    http://europe.asrock.com/downloadsite/manual/880G%20Extreme3.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Great stuff thanks, I had a dell before this and I was worrying that the new pc is overheating or not connected right.

Advertisement