Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be careful walking home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

That's terrible. Thank you for hghlighting this OP. It would definitely be wise for people to take extra precautions at the moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I wonder how many people usually get assaulted in Galway each week, or on each Bank Holiday weekend.

Article seems a bit short on details to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I really hate how we are never updated on things after they happened, a woman was raped close to where I live a few months back...no update, I'm still petrified about it, have the dog with me at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

*think* (heard it on radio but was half listening) at least 2 were attempted muggings/robberies, and in one instance the attacker was also female - she ran off with two men. One Salthill prom, 1 Eyre St and 1 Dyke rd I think..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's a very unclear article.
    Were the assaults drive-by water squirter guns?
    Who said they were assaulted, the Central Bank, the Phone Company, or the 'journalist' knew them and wrote about it?
    If this were three men being assaulted, would it be news?

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    Who said they were assaulted, the Central Bank, the Phone Company, or the 'journalist' knew them and wrote about it?
    If this were three men being assaulted, would it be news?

Yes it sounded odd on GBFM too, as if one story came from another. The headline made it sound like a serial sex offender or something, but as they went on with details the 'attacks' each sounded different. Not to take away from anyone who was attacked, but the details given on radio,were vague so think they just connected them for news value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

snubbleste wrote: »

man if thats the case, I'd have been a victim in the paper many a time *sigh*

worse is when you get egged. those things hurt when they're thrown out of cars.

I get the feeling very few violent/sexual assaults make the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Did any report mention a time? I mean, people are often running along the prom at ten at night...

Did any report mention a time? I mean, people are often running along the prom at ten at night...

At least one was daytime. Possibly the prom one? Not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

According to the paper yesterday 2 of the attacks (the one on the Dyke road and another not mentioned in that article) were at about 2pm and the one on the prom was at night, around 10pm. I've forgotten what it said about the last one.

Iirc three of the attackers were male and one female and at least two of the attacks were muggings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement