Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Sub 3 thread

Options
  • 26-04-2011 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

Ideally I'd love to go sub 3 hours but have no idea how feasible that is at this stage.

3.15 would require 4.38 per kilometre (7.27 mile) which I feel I am capable of doing. Regularly run 15kms etc at that pace without any difficulty.

2.59 would require 4.15 per km (6.50 mile) pace which is a different beast entirely.

Hopefully nail down some times in the next two month at 5k, 10k and perhaps half marathon to get an idea of what I'm at. I plan to run the Le Cheile 5k next week

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Ideally I'd love to go sub 3 hours but have no idea how feasible that is at this stage.

3.15 would require 4.38 per kilometre (7.27 mile) which I feel I am capable of doing. Regularly run 15kms etc at that pace without any difficulty.

2.59 would require 4.15 per km (6.50 mile) pace which is a different beast entirely.

Hopefully nail down some times in the next two month at 5k, 10k and perhaps half marathon to get an idea of what I'm at. I plan to run the Le Cheile 5k next week

There any sub 3 hopefuls this year? or are people holding off on their marathon plans for a bit of time yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Just to clarify, I wasn't starting a sub 3 thread! It was split from another thread by a mod for convenience.

I would cautiously put myself in the 'hopeful bracket' based on decent training but without any concrete results behind me, I might as well be putting myself into the 'hopeful bracket' for a trip to the moon. Willwait till mid June to see where I'm at before deciding anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Just to clarify, I wasn't starting a sub 3 thread! It was split from another thread by a mod for convenience.
    I would cautiously put myself in the 'hopeful bracket' based on decent training but without any concrete results behind me, I might as well be putting myself into the 'hopeful bracket' for a trip to the moon. Willwait till mid June to see where I'm at before deciding anything.

Guilty of this rather then setting up an artificial on:o. Just checking as we are in the process of getting a mentor for it if people are interested similar to last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Well I'm going ambitious and have a sub 3 in my head for my first marathon...
    Current pace prob near 3:15/3:30 but I've a busy summer of triathlons and training to improve and I'm doing the half beforehand (again my first) and aiming for sub 1:30 at least, know I need sub 1:25 to be on course for sub 3 in full.

Running 3 times a week at mo, lsr, intervals and speed work.
    Max distance for lsr being half mara at 1:40-1:48 depending how slow I go.
    That will be increased in August about 5 weeks ahead of half and lead into full then.

I know it's gonna be tough, damn tough, but it's in my head and I'm going for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Maybe you can have it as the Autumn sub 3 thread, I think many people going for sub 3 maybe doing other marathons around that time too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement