Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where to buy a mattock?

Options
  • 26-04-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there, I need to get rid of a small tree from out front garden and was wondering if anyone knows where I could buy a mattock? I've checked the usual places online (woodies etc) but they don't seem to have any. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Builders providers / farm co-op. Woodies, B&Q etc are of limited value on this earth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

B&Q usually stock mattocks. The local Co-Op or agri store would too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Agree - best place will be a local Co-op, Hardware etc. The name "mattock" may be confusing too - - in some places I've heard them called "grubbers" or "graffauns" and the word mattock would be unknown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

http://www.chillingtonhoes.com/

List of stockists there. The heavy duty hoe I got from the range is one of the best investments I ever made, did my draining, spuds, garden, patio clearance and gravel spread - in the last 2 weeks!
    Highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 9 macpatch

Great stuff, thanks for all the useful info everybody. Hopefully removing the tree will be as easy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

Army surplus shop upstairs in Outlet Centre in Killarney have them for around €12-15 think they have a place in Midleton too

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gautama

I bought one in B&Q a couple of years ago. Good for breaking hard ground. However, when I removed a mid-sized leylandii from my back year last summer I needed a mini-digger. If you don't get the roots of the tree out there is a danger of honeyfungus.

Advertisement