Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First tattoo idea?

Options
  • 26-04-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Hi Im 20,male and looking at getting a tattoo. I would happily fork out 500+ euro if it meant I was getting a top job done so money is not an issue. I was thinking getting it done on my inner bicep or forearm. I would like it to have a religous reference as Im a devoted christian. Im open to anything from crosses to sayings etc. Dont know very much about tattoos. Any help appreciated.Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'd say get something personal and that has your own touch on it. Don't just walk in to some place and get the "flash" that's up on the wall!

Google a few designs and head in to a few parlours to see what the artist does with what you give him/her. It's a design process too you know! So, once you're happy go for it! Don't forget to check the sticky up the top about portfolios.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Hi Im 20,male and looking at getting a tattoo. I would happily fork out 500+ euro if it meant I was getting a top job done so money is not an issue. I was thinking getting it done on my inner bicep or forearm. I would like it to have a religous reference as Im a devoted christian. Im open to anything from crosses to sayings etc. Dont know very much about tattoos. Any help appreciated.Thanks.

You'll find all inspiration you'll ever want with a quick google and having a look through artists portfolios online should help ya find a style that you like.

Something like the image below might be an idea, it's something different from a cross anyway.

last_supper_1.jpg

Call into a good few studios and discuss your ideas with different artists, Finding someone into the tattoo will make the whole experience so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Thanks for the replies.Ya It would be nice to have an original idea rather than taking something straight out of a book or something.What do ye guys think about colour in tattoos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Come on guys I need info?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

it’s completely up to you really to decide for yourself no one can decide if they like colour or not it should be your decision, nobody can give you passages from the bible or symbols from the bible these are things you should pick for yourself or else its just like picking any other tattoo from a book it will mean nothing to you and you’ll end up regretting it where as you’ll end up loving a tattoo that you had all the input and designed yourself it will mean so much more to you rather than somebody else coming up with things for you, as a Christian myself I designed my own tattoo on Photoshop and eventually ill get an artist to draw it up but because I designed it myself and put in the references to the bible I like ( I myself like Luke 23:43 it might be worth looking at also some symbols I like are skull and crossbones, Jerusalem crosses, the all seeing eye of the creator encased in a triangle representing the holy trinity, alpha and omega) then its more personal and I’m happier with it rather than someone else giving me ideas, just research everything yourself and pick the things that your happy with and don’t rush it. there are loads of sites with passages and symbols that you could use, best of luck with your tattoo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

dont mean to troll but google this
    Leviticus 19:28

also go to an artist , tell them wat youd like and they wil design somthing for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

antocann wrote: »
    dont mean to troll but google this
    Leviticus 19:28

also go to an artist , tell them wat youd like and they wil design somthing for you

Thats down to interpretation though, it could be interpreted that this was said in a time where sterilisation wasnt possible and the cutting of flesh would have ended up in serious injury or death due to infection and thats why it was said not to cut your flesh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jacsruny

There is many people who draw his first tattoo in very short age, in my point of view that if draw tattoo first time in your life you must be choose the correct design, and also remember that your first tattoo is small and easier to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

If you wanna spend €500 all in go here.
    http://bit.ly/jRD1GN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

If you're looking for ideas for your first tattoo you shouldn't be getting one

You need to make a decision as to what you want (you're stuck with it)

Is it gonna be a once off, are you planning on getting more?

forget about the price for the moment.

Decide what you want get some nice pics or drawings of it as close as you can then go to a decent artist (check the forum) have them take a look at it and explain what can and can't be done etc.

Oh and good luck
    R

• Advertisement
Advertisement