Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best documentary you've seen?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

American Pimp.

Genius film, you couldn't write it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0179074/

"Priests need nuns, doctors need nurses and ho's need pimps!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 babyface11

All the ITV2 kerry katona docs, omg what a hard life she has, i hope she is recovering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭DrHLecter

babyface11 wrote: »
    All the ITV2 kerry katona docs, omg what a hard life she has, i hope she is recovering

sorry cocaine cowboys has already been mentioned twice.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

All the ITV2 kerry katona docs

Thread is "What's the best documentary you've seen?"

not "What's the most vacuous documentary you've seen?

Ugh you guys make me sick shes a real human being with feelings too how would you feel if you had to go through all she has, my prayers are with her and hope shes ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

Ugh you guys make me sick shes a real human being with feelings too how would you feel if you had to go through all she has, my prayers are with her and hope shes ok

Yo Kerry, what's up

DaveDaRave wrote: »
    Yo Kerry, what's up

eh my names not kerry

I watched one on Alan Turing... now THATS going through sh*t...and he accomplished something worthwhile.

never heard of him but kerry katona is a celebrity and everone knos her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

The Air Crash Investigations series.

• Advertisement

never heard of him but kerry katona is a celebrity and everone knos her!!

:C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Talhotblond.2009.Documentary if you have not seen this yet watch it truly amazing story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 reddivil

The topic of Kerry Catona is one of your favourite documentaries?

I bet you're really smart..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

After watching this one,I'm not sure who disgusts me more,the Serbs or the Dutch UN.
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/srebrenica-cry-from-the-grave/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Keno 92 wrote: »

Both are excellent. You have very good taste in documentaries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Nhead

Presumed Guilty which is about the Mexican justice system.

My father, Pablo Escobar

Contact in the outback which is about an aboriginal tribe that hadn't seen white people till the 1960s.

(God bless more 4:))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Watch The Power Of Nightmares, The Trap, or indeed, anything by Adam Curtis. Hands down, the best documentary maker working today. Also see The Fog Of War, Inside Job. And for two interesting views of the same subject, No End In Sight and No Plan, No Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Ugh you guys make me sick shes a real human being with feelings too how would you feel if you had to go through all she has
    If I went through the amount of drugs she's been through, I'd imagine I'd feel pretty crap, all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

its actually a tv movie but its based on a true story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billionaire_Boys_Club

its called billionaire boys club

judd nelson is in it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092659/

its really good and hard to get but well worth the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

steddyeddy wrote: »
    The trials of life
    planet earth
    the living planet ect
    Sasquatch legend meets science with george shcaller

Apart from the nature documentaries there was a few excellent bbc programs about the atom ect.

Loved the Planet Earth Documentaries. There was one in particular where there were in these caves in South America filled with thousands of bats. The Guano (bat shít) was like a mountain underneath and absolutely crawling with huge cockraoches.

Bats....batshít....giant cockroaches.... that cameraman derserved every penny he got (I had nightmares after watching it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

dark days is also another very interesting watch.

Great soundtrack as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Cocaine Cowboys & all of the ESPN 30 for 30 series. Essential watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

From my childhood, the aforementioned World at War, Life on Earth with David Attenborough and Connections with James Burke still hold up well. Great Idea the latter

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Two more came to mind

"Wisconsin Death Trip" which is based on the book of the same name, which I also recommend.

"General Idi Amin Dada - Autopotrait" by Barbet Schroeder. Music by Idi himself. Mental, in a number of ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0301555/
    God Grew Tired of Us: The Story of Lost Boys of Sudan

Should be compulsive viewing for people who think refugees are just layabout's looking for a handout form the state

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

When The Levees Broke - Spike Lee's Hurricane Katrina documentary. Unbearably sad, but brilliant.

The Louis Theroux documentary on neo nazis: some auld loon (who actually didn't turn out to be that scary at all - mostly all talk, and had non white friends; it seemed almost as if he didn't really know what he was on about), skinheads - very scary... most frightening of all though: two little girls who were taught to sing hate songs and who attended far right rallies, under the guidance of their cheery, "all American" mom...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

That Peter Jackson one set in New Zealand.. sh*t looks pretty mental out there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Nhead

Dudess wrote: »
    When The Levees Broke - Spike Lee's Hurricane Katrina documentary. Unbearably sad, but brilliant.

The Louis Theroux documentary on neo nazis: some auld loon (who actually didn't turn out to be that scary at all - mostly all talk, and had non white friends; it seemed almost as if he didn't really know what he was on about), skinheads - very scary... most frightening of all though: two little girls who were taught to sing hate songs and who attended far right rallies, under the guidance of their cheery, "all American" mom...

Lynx and Lamb are the two girls. Terrible situation to be raised in.

Advertisement