Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insane and Thuggish Cyclist

• 26-04-2011 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Can I just say that there is a complete and utter moron cycling around who I've seen regularly in both Clonskeagh, Sandymount and Blackrock. Now its quite odd that I remember a cyclist let alone come across him three times but this guy is memorable. He goes around cycling and literally screams at people, so for instance a car is pulling out onto the road and has quite clearly stopped and can see him coming for no reason he screams at the top of his lungs "****IN STOP". He cycles by people on the cycle paths and screams "GET OUT OF THE ****ING CYCLING LANE" he did it to an old woman in Clonskeagh on the cycling lane that runs from miltown and she was visually shaking. I've seen him racing up behind cars that are about to turn left whilst screaming "LEFT INSIDE ****IN LANE DONT ****IN MOVE" as if hes trying purposedly to force drivers to make a mistake so he can scream at them. He also bangs cars on the bonet as he cycles by despite them not doing anything wrong.

He wears a Bray cycling vest so I don't know if theres a Bray team or something and maybe people would know him but if someone does then someone really needs to talk some sense into him.

Thanks for listening

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Bloody southsiders!!!! :)

Sounds mad altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Kaka10 wrote: »
    He wears a Bray cycling vest so I don't know if theres a Bray team or something and maybe people would know him but if someone does then someone really needs to talk some sense into him.

More information needed. What bike does he ride? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭LCRC_BAX

I spotted a guy that fits that description riding this....

91782xcitefun-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

If this guy is a member of Bray Wheelers, you say he wears a Bray cycling top. I know for sure that the Chairman and commitee of Bray Wheelers would take a very dim view to one of it's members behaving in this manner, Is the predominent colour of this top he wears purple by any chance, just to narrow things down a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Kaka10

Hey xz, honestly I wouldn't be able to recall the colour I just remember its a Bray cycling top. Hes quite a big lad for a cyclist if that helps.

I was considering that maybe he just had an extremely bad accident or something and as a result he is completely hyped up and terrified of anything but regardless his conduct is unacceptable. He is actually going to cause an accident if he keeps it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

so fcuking what with the state of the driving skills of some people on the road they deserve to be roared at,people shouldnt be in cycle lanes either!i roar at people too whats the big deal???we dont have horns on pushbikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

probably run over a few times and uses his mouth to warn motorists off...makes sure they know hes there

its a nightmare cycling with tons of metal wizzing by not considering you at all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

so fcuking what with the state of the driving skills of some people on the road they deserve to be roared at,people shouldnt be in cycle lanes either!i roar at people too whats the big deal???we dont have horns on pushbikes
    probably run over a few times and uses his mouth to warn motorists off...makes sure they know hes there

its a nightmare cycling with tons of metal wizzing by not considering you at all..

Amazing how the rest of us seem to manage alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

I believe he is violating the first rule of the euro cyclist which states that one must focus first on maintaining a cool, even composure and second on performance. Image and style shall be the primary concerns of the Euro Cyclist. You cant go round banging on cars and screaming at people, it contravenes these rules. Hes disgracing his jersey, himself and the club. Let this be a cautionary tales to those who wear the boards.ie jersey :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

ZHxx1.jpg

Have we found the culprit? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Moreofthatjazz

i roar at people too whats the big deal???

The big deal is that as a marginalised form of transport in the city cyclists are constantly being tarred with the loopy brush, roaring your head off at any and every opportunity dose the cause of being taken seriously as a road user absolutely no good at all... Granted i have my moments where frustration at numpty's almost gets the better of me but have learned that a calm approach will educate whereas being obnoxious will only get the offenders back up and you both will go off feeling self righteous and put out by the event. If you get a chance to explain the infraction in a calm manner, do, if not, do yourself a favor by letting it go...

how many hours a day are yous lot on the bike???

im on it 9-6 everyday i have more say in this matter than any of yous.
    when your in the saddle as long as i am tou see strange and queer things on the road.So dont start commenting on things you no f-all about

Lemag wrote: »
    ZHxx1.jpg

Have we found the culprit? :D

NO you havent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

"GET OUT OF THE ****ING CYCLING LANE"

doesn't everyone do that?
    I certainly do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭mumfordandsons

The big deal is that as a marginalised form of transport in the city cyclists are constantly being tarred with the loopy brush, roaring your head off at any and every opportunity dose the cause of being taken seriously as a road user absolutely no good at all... Granted i have my moments where frustration at numpty's almost gets the better of me but have learned that a calm approach will educate whereas being obnoxious will only get the offenders back up and you both will go off feeling self righteous and put out by the event. If you get a chance to explain the infraction in a calm manner, do, if not, do yourself a favor by letting it go...

i do see your point and too degree you are right. but when someone nearly runs u over, gives u no room, and then to be given the finger , called ******, little ***
    ect by some road user i myself know that the cool and calm approach does not always get point across. i think we all loss it at times , i had traveler lean out windows of car on quiet road scream at me , middle now where , scared the **** out of me.

when your in the saddle as long as i am tou see strange and queer things on the road.So dont start commenting on things you no f-all about

Don't start pulling that "i'm a messenger i seen it all" bullsh*t, i worked on the road with the clones for three winters, most of the lads long enough on the road will NEVER get into it with numpty's... you are a professional cyclist, you should (a) act like one (b) have the skills to avoid confrontational situations...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

He cycles by people on the cycle paths and screams "GET OUT OF THE ****ING CYCLING LANE"

haa! fair play to him!
    i thought its only me, i am very tempted to start doing so very soon. cant stand these ignorant, dopey morons having slow walks, completely blocking cycle lanes i use.

GET THE FCUK OUT AND USE YOUR FOOTPATH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

9 to 6 everyday ? your arse must be like a blood orange

i do see your point and too degree you are right. but when someone nearly runs u over, gives u no room, and then to be given the finger , called ******, little ***
    ect by some road user i myself know that the cool and calm approach does not always get point across. i think we all loss it at times , i had traveler lean out windows of car on quiet road scream at me , middle now where , scared the **** out of me.

It happens, but there are too many loopers out there driving around recklessly, the one person that is most dangerous on the road is also the likely one to do something really stupid like run you off the road... road rage incidents happen, cars are pressure cookers for stress and like it or not as a cyclist we do not have a lot of defense against a driver that maliciously decides to go at us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I'm not taking sides but what number of hours is the threshold for someone to have an opinion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭spokeydokey

Lance!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

finished probation already?

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/bizarre/news/article_1378632.php/Scottish_man_caught_having_sex_with_his_bike_placed_on_probation_UPDATE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mcgarry098

NO you havent

Your a knob!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

The bray jersey wearing cyclist is a prat. [/thread]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭LCRC_BAX

Hes quite a big lad for a cyclist if that helps.

This him?

15875_20071014hippy_fat_lampre_vegemite_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

mcgarry098 wrote: »
    You're a knob!
    FTFY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

oflahero wrote: »
    Amazing how the rest of us seem to manage alright.

your correct thats why we never see bad driver/incident threads....and I would suggest thats the minority who would bother to write about it. I do a 20 minute commute in and out and I reckon every day I have a near miss. Last big one, last week when the taxi driver opens the door on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Well now you've done it. Just wait until a few taxi drivers turn up on here, bleeding from the eyes from the umpteenth 20-hr shift in a row. Some of them will probably have a strong view on cyclists, who are just inconveniently mobile road obstacles to many of them, and because their opinion obviously counts more than yours, based on your formula above, you'll just have to accept everything they say. Bummer, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

I had something very important to say, and although I felt it was rational, informed and articulate I only spent an hour on my bike today. I am worried that this may not meet the criteria for having an opinion on road safety. Please advise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Can I just say that there is a complete and utter moron cycling around who I've seen regularly in both Clonskeagh, Sandymount and Blackrock. Now its quite odd that I remember a cyclist let alone come across him three times but this guy is memorable. He goes around cycling and literally screams at people, so for instance a car is pulling out onto the road and has quite clearly stopped and can see him coming for no reason he screams at the top of his lungs "****IN STOP". He cycles by people on the cycle paths and screams "GET OUT OF THE ****ING CYCLING LANE" he did it to an old woman in Clonskeagh on the cycling lane that runs from miltown and she was visually shaking. I've seen him racing up behind cars that are about to turn left whilst screaming "LEFT INSIDE ****IN LANE DONT ****IN MOVE" as if hes trying purposedly to force drivers to make a mistake so he can scream at them. He also bangs cars on the bonet as he cycles by despite them not doing anything wrong.

Thanks for listening

I'm sorry, but he doesn't pay any road tax so what the **** is he doing on the road shouting at motorists? And if any guy banged my car while he was cycling past, he wouldn't be cycling for a very long time again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

DarkJager wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but he doesn't pay any road tax so what the **** is he doing on the road shouting at motorists? And if any guy banged my car while he was cycling past, he wouldn't be cycling for a very long time again.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a large amount of fuel to throw on an already growing fire. Perhaps you know where I could get some??

Nobody does.

morana wrote: »
    your correct thats why we never see bad driver/incident threads....and I would suggest thats the minority who would bother to write about it. I do a 20 minute commute in and out and I reckon every day I have a near miss. Last big one, last week when the taxi driver opens the door on me.

I see, and am subjected to, some pretty ridiculous stuff myself quite often. I think it is a mistake to let that turn you against other road users entirely though, which seems like the world view of the cyclist being referred to in this thread. If you view motorists as some form of enemy, out to get you for some reason, and behave accordingly then that view can eventually become self fulfilling.

Certainly there are idiots out there, in/on cars/bikes/etc. but they act like idiots towards everyone and not just towards cyclists (admittedly they'll almost certainly hold back when it comes to a game of chicken against something/someone larger than them as the vast majority of them are selectively idiotic). I struggle to maintain a rational view of the world of road users myself at times but I work at remaining optimistic as otherwise commuting will drain every last drop of humour, empathy, and optimism out of me. It's far easier said than done, of course, but it's worth the effort.

lifeof4.jpg

"Crucifixion of cyclist? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one expletive and irrational world view each"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What is this road tax I see mentioned here, is it a new thing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Don't hold back now, get your dick out completely... whats your FTP?

whats your point , hard man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I spend a lot of time in these 3 places so will keep an eye out for him, if I get a clear sight of him should I take the shot ?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK everyone - settle down, or we'll have to dish out more infractions (some of you can consider yourself lucky I am in a very good mood tonight;))

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Is road tax worth paying for? What do I get for my road tax?

• Advertisement

dont quote me on this . i think road tax means you are then allowed shout at people in cars.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Let's drop the "road tax" point - we've been over it countless times before - I'm sure Darkjager appreciates he (like me) pays tax for the benefit of using a motor rather than the road

Thanks

Beasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

is he an older guy with glasses OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭pprendeville

LCRC_BAX wrote: »
    I spotted a guy that fits that description riding this....

91782xcitefun-2.jpg

you don't wanna mess with that guy. is that a push bike? perhaps Cancellara's next bike with a motor hidden inside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Is this thread real?

156705.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Jawgap wrote: »
    Bloody southsiders!!!! :)

Strictly speaking he's a northsider!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

There are occasions when you do need to let a roar at someone just as they're about to open a door (you're already out of dooring range but they need to be taught the error of their ways) or step off the footpath without looking.

However if this dude has any competency on the road he should never have to shout at left turning cars - why put yourself there in the first place?

shouting at moving cars is a fairly futile exercise anyway, what with their mobiles pressed to their ears, oblivious drivers tend not to be able to engage in extra vehicular conversations so readily...

shouting at moving cars is a fairly futile exercise anyway, what with their mobiles pressed to their ears, oblivious drivers tend not to be able to engage in extra vehicular conversations so readily...
    Final warning - cut out such generalisations

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Hahahaha this thread is great.

FWIW Ill shout at anything I think is going to potentially cause me to crash, cars an old women included(Im sure the aul one would rather a roar than a pedal up the ass).

For all the heroic car drivers out there, I still have to meet one, nearest I get is shouting....which I cant hear....earphones :o (hehehe)

• Advertisement
Advertisement