Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paddling pool for dogs?

• 26-04-2011 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Given the warmer weather we've been having, i was thinking of getting one of those sand pit/paddling pool things for my dogs to help keep them cool.

Both are small terrier type dogs and love swimming - any opinions?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I have one of them set up for the hound,she loves it

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Nyberg

I get my cocker spaniel a new one every year, they keep getting bigger and bigger each year. He loves it and keeps him nice and cool. One thing i would say, remember to close the back door, otherwise your house will be drenched. Argos the best place for a cheap one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Good idea, bought one of the blow up kind for my dog last year but it's long gone. Used to throw the tennis ball and some treats into it to encourage him to jump in and out of it. I suppose you could just using it as a digging pit during the winter if you fill it with some compost.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Good idea, bought one of the blow up kind for my dog last year but it's long gone. Used to throw the tennis ball and some treats into it to encourage him to jump in and out of it. I suppose you could just using it as a digging pit during the winter if you fill it with some compost.

Ohhh great idea... my two have the lawn ruined with their digging, so might get one of those ones with a lid.. and put sand in the other half.

Will definitely keep the back door closed though :) and keep it well away from the clothes line too

Advertisement