Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastering law Conference

Options
  • 26-04-2011 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi Everyone!

I just said I would put this in here as it seems you are all postgraduate/aspiring postgrad students!

I am a postgrad in Queens Belfast and we are currently organising a Mastering Law Conference for all postgraduate taught students to present a paper on any topic in an informal setting. Its a really great opportunity for all taught students to present a paper and just get that extra line on there CV's for any job interview and in particular for the PhD Application!

Our website for the conference is http://www.masteringlaw.net/ if anyone is interested or get in touch with me an i will give you any additional details!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 littlemizz99

Just wanted to put in a wee reminder about the Conference, and to invite post grads not only to present but to attend if you are available that weekend!

Mastering Law: Cross-Border Reflections
    30th & 31st May 2011
    All-Ireland Law Masters Conference

Now in its third year, the Mastering Law Conference invites any Masters student of law to present or attend. Hosted by Queen’s University, Belfast on 30th and 31st May, the conference aims to facilitate stimulating and critical discourse and assessment of the law in Ireland and is now open to masters research students.

The deadline for submission of papers and registration for the Conference is Monday 16th May 2011. Submissions can be sent by email to [email]abstracts@masteringlaw.net<javascript:top.openco[/email]mpose(> and attendees can register at www.masteringlaw.net<http://www.masteringlaw.net/>.

The Committee is pleased to announce that Justice of the Supreme Right Hon Lord Kerr (former Lord Chief Justice of Northern Ireland from 2004 to 2009) will be a keynote speaker at the event.

A Masters student in need of some direction? The alternate careers fair will focus on the alternate and varied career avenues open to law graduates. Speakers will include Dr. Carol Coulter, Legal Affairs Editor of the Irish Times and Ms. Judena Goldring, Cheif Executive of the NI Law Commission .

There will also be a free wine reception, free lunch and free dinner in the University’s Great Hall. The Conference is free to all attendees, an excellent networking opportunity and a chance to mingle with your contemporaries from all over the island.

Registration is required, to Register to Attend or to Present a Paper
    by 16th May at http://www.masteringlaw.net/

Further details available on website, email queries to: [email]info@masteringlaw.net<javascript:top.openco[/email]mpose(>

Advertisement