Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will CAO points increase in 2011?

• 26-04-2011 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

they have said that 16 percent less lads are taking the leaving cert will this affect points i hope so i want to do biotechnology in dcu. does anyone think the points will drop or increase :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

also,

"Figures released by the Central Applications Office show no increase in numbers applying for third-level courses this year compared to last.
    More than 71,000 people have made initial applications for college places for 2011 - a very slight decrease on last year's numbers."

Source: http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0309/cao.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Why must this be asked every year...?

...It would be awesome if the points did go down however :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭happyfish

I hope they do but i doubt it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AlanBr

will the 25 bonus points in maths for 2012 cause an increase in points in the future??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

only in high level courses which are normally the target of honours math students

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

only in high level courses which are normally the target of honours math students
    25 extra points for a HD3 will probably mean an increase in the number of students who try honours maths.

I'd say points for a lot of mid to high level courses will go up 5 points or so

Advertisement