Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation for college

• 26-04-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

When are ye planning on looking? I am only in 5th so it's not an issue yet but my cousin seems convinced there is a panic on once results come out. But sure offers aren't for another week...
    Anyway wondering what ye all think? Also, ye all getting houses with friends or digs or what? I was kinda thinking if I do get medicine digs Sun-Fri morn would be a handy number but then people say that's zero craic, wouldn't it just e zero hassle as all the craic is in other people's houses then?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I think with digs there can be curfews so you have to be careful of that, especially if you are planning on going out at night and stuff.

I'm hopefully going to be on-campus for the first year so my deposit is either going in this week or next week. Better to have an idea of where you're going to stay rather than be disappointed at a later stage, but there will always be some sort of accomodation out there if you look for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I've a deposit down on on-campus accom since the uni started taking them (back in february-ish :P) because I had my research done early in the year.

Some deposits seem absolutely crazy compared to others though. Thankfully UL's wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Is accomodation sold out yet for the unis?

I heard about deposits and want to book a.s.a.p.

Problem is I won't know if I get into NUIM until August?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Quite a few on campus places have curfews too, I already contacted some of the ladies who give digs near I want to go and they have no curfews, just a dont wake them up rule! sounds like home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I really would like to move out at least for 2nd year or something, but I'd move in with friends. The campus accommodation you don't know who you could end up with and you could be stuck with a load of people who are constantly partying and then you can never study (which makes me sound really boring, but I know people who've totally blown their exams this way)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Some deposits seem absolutely crazy compared to others though. Thankfully UL's wasn't too bad.

I put my deposit down for UL a few weeks ago. I thought 250 was a bit shteep. But I guess you get 200 of it back if you dont get in. What are some of this crazy deposits youve heard ?

Anyways Id recommend sorting out some provisional accommodation ASAP. Last thing you need is to be struggling in September to find some accommodation while college is kicking off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Galway is like 800 deposit or something like that Ayrtonf7. :eek: and the on campus accomodation in UL seems to be a nice price lower (depending on quality) than the likes of UCC and some other uni's which is daaaycent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Galway is like 800 deposit or something like that Ayrtonf7. :eek: and the on campus accomodation in UL seems to be a nice price lower (depending on quality) than the likes of UCC and some other uni's which is daaaycent :)

Want to go to the UK, but Galway is my 1st choice in Ireland.. My friend was trying to get me to put a deposit down 'just incase' I don't get the UK...

When I saw the price I was like.. Eh no thanks..! Who has that sort of money these days? It's not like it's paid in segments!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I too booked UL accommodation back in February!

Plassey all the way lads.. >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Where in Galway is €800? Look up Dun na Coiribe/Gort na Coiribe and Corrib Village before staying, serious amounts of hassle there this year. Depends on if you want Partyland or not I suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Where in Galway is €800? Look up Dun na Coiribe/Gort na Coiribe and Corrib Village before staying, serious amounts of hassle there this year. Depends on if you want Partyland or not I suppose!

Corrib is €800.. Maybe €700... Expensive either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

For a place that hasn't been done up in a decade, has serious problems with rowdy behaviour? Cheeky isn't the word for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Plassey all the way lads.. >_>

Has to be Kilmurry!

Advertisement