Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for gait analysis?

Options
  • 26-04-2011 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

where would people recommend to get gait analysis done in the dublin/kildare area?

thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Base2Race in Ballymount or Amphibian King in Bray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 siooo88

Elverys Sports on Suffolk street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Amphibian King in Bray is the best place I have had it done...

I felt like I was getting care and attention from a real expert and not from some young lad who did not really know what he was doing, and who would rather be elsewhere :)

have they a good range of shoe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Amphibian King in Bray is the best place I have had it done...

I felt like I was getting care and attention from a real expert and not from some young lad who did not really know what he was doing, and who would rather be elsewhere :)

The Base2 race in Ballymount is probably handier for someone coming from Kildare and it is run by Amphibian King, so is effectively the same thing.
    I would avoid the likes of Elvery's altogether.

As far as i know they stock many different brands of shoes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I don't think they have quite the same range/stock of shoes in Ballymount as in Bray, but they do have plenty.

nice one, ill try them out so

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

I too would reccomend b2r in ballymount. Great guys working there who are obviously really into sports.
    I went there a about three months ago for gait analysis. I clearly overpronate but decided not to go with the recommended orthodontics. Bought a pair of vibram and weaar them everywhere. have flat feet and hope to build the strength in my arches over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dub8

base ro race ballymount is fantastic, really know there stuff , spend loads of time with you , ring to make an apointment though! cant say enough good things about the place! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

dub8 wrote: »
    base ro race ballymount is fantastic, really know there stuff , spend loads of time with you , ring to make an apointment though! cant say enough good things about the place! :)

Just to point out that it's Amphibian King that fit the shoes in Base2race !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Just to point out that it's Amphibian King that fit the shoes in Base2race !!!

I see the B2R Landrover in my estate in Wicklow quite a bit - is one of the guys living down here?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I see the B2R Landrover in my estate in Wicklow quite a bit - is one of the guys living down here?

Think one of them does live in Wicklow- I was in during the snow around Christmas and one had to leave early to try to get home

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

I'm unattached to either and bought my last two runners in Runways on Parnell St and Amphibian King in Bray.
    Service was incomparable, Amphibian King was streets ahead in my opinion.
    Really good analysis and attention to detail there was first class. I'd made an appointment and was given about an hours undivided attention.
    I was so impressed I ended up buying 2 pairs of shoes instead of my planned one and will go back next time.

PK

thanks for all the replies folks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Used Amphibian King in Bray back in March found them very helpful and loads of time to try what suited me best, luckily happened to be up in Dublin the weekend I went as normally speaking they are about 140km out of my way otherwise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

I've just been in Elvery's on Suffolk St for gait test, the guy knew what he was talking about and did not recommend the most expensive, but asked about my distance and targets for the next year, asked if any previous injuries etc then made a recommendation on what would suit best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭yoshx

i,am,not,convinced,by,beefjerky:)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

yoshx wrote: »
    i,am,not,convinced,by,beefjerky:)

Why?

Advertisement