Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Physiotherapy foundation course thats online anyone??????

Options
  • 26-04-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Looking for some advice please;

I want to enhance my work experience & education before applying as an undergraduate in Physio ( to show I am actually interested)!.I am living abroad at the moment and looking to find a good foundation course online that I can do as I travel around, to give me a good grounding on whats involved and in dept knowledge so I can present this if I get called for an interview as a mature candidate.

There's so many courses out there so I want to make sure I choose the right one!

Please help!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 durdur

hi mazi

not a physio but am a nurse and have worked with physiotherapists.
    would recomend doing a course on anatomy and physiology..as far as i know PT very intensive on the science and think that an a&p cert would show that you are capable of completing the course as well as showing you are interested!

There plenty of online a&p courses if ya google...can't really comment on how good any of them are though!!

Not sure if you have studied anything like this before? or have worked in the area...if not it might be a good idea to do some volunteer work in the area as well.

Hope that helps a little anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mazi

durdur wrote: »
    hi mazi

not a physio but am a nurse and have worked with physiotherapists.
    would recomend doing a course on anatomy and physiology..as far as i know PT very intensive on the science and think that an a&p cert would show that you are capable of completing the course as well as showing you are interested!

There plenty of online a&p courses if ya google...can't really comment on how good any of them are though!!

Not sure if you have studied anything like this before? or have worked in the area...if not it might be a good idea to do some volunteer work in the area as well.

Hope that helps a little anyway!

Thanks a lot durdur, I've only done 2 days work experience shadowing a physio in Tallaght & James, I really enjoyed it learning stuff & chatting with the patients.I just looked it up & found a few online I'm gonna do!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

it might also be worth contacting the departments you're interested in applying to, see if they'd recommend anything, they can be pretty helpful.

and definitely organise a bit more shadowing if you can, different settings too if possible

good luck with it - sounds like you've got the motivation us matures need!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I had looked up a few courses - OU Anatomy & Physiology etc. and they didn't seem too pushed on me having that (TCD) so I did the access course instead. It really depends on everything else in your application.

Feu is spot on about getting as much shadow experience as you can and in different settings as Physios can work varied environements. Also, there's no harm in contacting the department heads! I annoyed them a bit. :pac:

Go to any open days and talk to any students if you can. ;)

Advertisement