Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear Piercing Dublin/South Dublin

Options
  • 26-04-2011 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hii ehh first time poster in this part of boards and I just have one question which is probably asked loads here so sorry about that!

I want to get my ears pierced a second time with a few friends but i have no idea where to get it done... just recently moved to dublin so I don't really know where can be trusted, etc. Also I know it sounds ridiculously stupid but are there many places that aren't full of 'indimidating people with loads of tatoos and piercings' that work there (my friend's words not mine)!! I'm not like that at all but she would not set foot in somewhere like that, she's a girly kind of person who gets scared easily....:rolleyes:

Also does anyone know if Claires need a parent/guardian present if you're under 18... my friend is 16 so would they really mind? I read somewhere they need parental consent in person... which seems a little stupid?

Sorry for the long winded post... replies would be greatly appreciated asap as we would like to go tomorrow!! xD

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ancelia wrote: »
    Hii ehh first time poster in this part of boards and I just have one question which is probably asked loads here so sorry about that!

I want to get my ears pierced a second time with a few friends but i have no idea where to get it done... just recently moved to dublin so I don't really know where can be trusted, etc. Also I know it sounds ridiculously stupid but are there many places that aren't full of 'indimidating people with loads of tatoos and piercings' that work there (my friend's words not mine)!! I'm not like that at all but she would not set foot in somewhere like that, she's a girly kind of person who gets scared easily....:rolleyes:

Also does anyone know if Claires need a parent/guardian present if you're under 18... my friend is 16 so would they really mind? I read somewhere they need parental consent in person... which seems a little stupid?

Sorry for the long winded post... replies would be greatly appreciated asap as we would like to go tomorrow!! xD

Thanks!
    Why the **** would you go to the butchers that are claires????

Why would your friend not go to a piercing place that has people with tattoo's and piercings?? That's like saying you want to learn to play music from someone who doesn't like to play music.

go to Snakebite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I got my daughters ears done in claires and yes i had to be present, the girl that did them was very nice but it wasnt great having to sit her in the middle of the shop with people gawping at her, It was expensive too, we bought the solution for her ears there too but surgical spirit is far better and cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I would avoid going to Claires and suggest you go to a proper piercing studio. There are loads in the city centre and further a field. I will leave it to others to recommend studios

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

just go somewhere that uses a needle, not a gun, regardless of how intimidating it may seem. id be alot more inclined to trust someone covered in piercings to do my piercings the proper way than some 17 year old with no knowledge and a gun thats pierced god knows how many ears.
    i think all places need consent for under 16s. could be wrong though

looks like i was beaten to it! trust the previous posters!

Well the piece on the gun is disposible and is taken out of a sterile pack, the gun is wiped by the girl wearing gloves, i did insist she washed her hands first, its a basic rule on infection prevention,,,but i wouldnt recommend claires either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

alie wrote: »
    Well the piece on the gun is disposible and is taken out of a sterile pack, the gun is wiped by the girl wearing gloves, i did insist she washed her hands first, its a basic rule on infection prevention,,,but i wouldnt recommend claires either.
    No gun is sterile.

I didnt say the gun was sterile, i said the needle part is taken out of a sterile pack, one use only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ancelia

@raze_them_all I wasn't saying we were going to go there I was just asking... as kind of a last resort! no need to jump down my throat, also as I said it's not me who feels that way, it's her, I couldn't give a damn what the people look like as long as they know what they're doing..
    I had a bad experience in snakebite though so I'm not inclined to go back there...

Does anyone know anywhere else? (that doesn't need consent if you are under 18) (but she's over 16, doesn't matter for me either way as im 18).

Thanks.

http://tattoo.about.com/cs/psafety/a/piercing_guns.htm

all it takes is for the piercer to touch someones newly pierced ear and then touch the gun. and tbh a quick wipe down with a sterile wipe is not exactly an effective way to sterilize something.

sterilization isnt the only reason though, theres tissue damage as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Can we stay on topic please. The girl is looking for advice on where to go to get an ear piercing.

• Advertisement

Ancelia wrote: »
    @raze_them_all I wasn't saying we were going to go there I was just asking... as kind of a last resort! no need to jump down my throat, also as I said it's not me who feels that way, it's her, I couldn't give a damn what the people look like as long as they know what they're doing..
    I had a bad experience in snakebite though so I'm not inclined to go back there...

Does anyone know anywhere else? (that doesn't need consent if you are under 18) (but she's over 16, doesn't matter for me either way as im 18).

Thanks.

people are just looking out for you

celestial ring/wildcat ink in stephens green or near jervis. think you need consent if under 16. i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd alco reccomend wildcat if you're not mad on going to snakebite. You could also try bodyshock in temple bar. It's 16 in wildcat and 14 with parental consent to get just a lobe piercing. 16 for helix (upper ear) if that's what she's getting. The staff in most piercing studios are really nice and put you at ease, probably moreso than anyone in claires so dont be afraid to go in just because it's not girly or whatever. There's also a few female piercers in wildcat so if your friend would prefer that maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ms. Liza

dublin ink are great!!! they always have specials on too!!! i had a scaffold done for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i want to get my scaffold done to, and i love dublin inks specials, they pierced my lip. but it is a hell of a trek up there. might make sure that when i next have to go up for something that they have a special on then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

hey OP, as other have said, you'd definitely be better off going to a proper piercing studio, eg snakebite/celestial ring.
    All my ear piercings have been with a gun(all done at least 15 years ago), but no way I'd do it now, it's horrible!
    I wouldn't put surgical spirit on a fresh piercing either, owww! This is stuff we used to do, but have moved on from it ;)

If I remember correctly 16 is ok for most ear piercings, but if you have any doubt, rung the studio and check :)

Advertisement