Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E72 from 3

Options
  • 26-04-2011 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. I have a Nokia E72, I have found that the phone is running slow at the moment. When you select an icon on the menu, it is alot slower going into and out of the menu.

Can anyone enlighten me on what is happening with the phone. Would it be worth while, getting in touch with (Cough) Tech support from 3 and asking for the factory reset code for the phone. Also with resetting to factory settings, would I also loose my contacts in my phone book ?.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ok, firstly dont bother contacting three as they wont be able to help you with this.

First thing i would suggest de-cluther the memory a bit, get rid of excess sms messages etc. You can backup all contacts and stuff you want to your computer. Then you to a factory reset or reinstall firmware using ovi suite and then 'restore' your contacts back to the handset. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭vtiniall

What is the best way to back up all the contact to the PC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can download the Ovi suite from nokia:> http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/nokia-ovi-suite

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭vtiniall

At the end of the day I would normally delete any Sms and download any photos that are worth keeping with deleting them once downloaded. Even then the phone is running slow, it is a new phone, im only on my third bill. Sure it hasnt been dropped or any malace like that. That is why Im confused. Im downloading Ovi Suite now, so hopefully it will bring the phone back to life.

Advertisement