Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desert Eagle improv lanyard

• 26-04-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭

As stated, kinda need it for game tomorrow, scared of losing my deagle. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭King John The Last

ve6d0z.jpg

What I have to work with. Please, any ideas. I dont know if you can open the grip in any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

could always loop something through the trigger guard? The DE is usually too heavy to jump out of a holster.

Thanks, so simple, yet I didnt think of it. If anyone has a better idea, please tell me. That should do for tomorrow though. Im using a improvised holster as well, so I need the security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Yeah, something around the trigger guard would be my suggestion too. Paracord, if you have it?
    The "hole" you seem to be thinking of using is nothing more than a screw point. Even if you were to screw an eyelet of some description in there, I'd put a wallet of money on it simply pulling out under the weight of the Desert Eagle if it were to fall out.

Your best option, if not the paracord around the trigger guard (which would do for a lanyard, but you'd end up with a 4ft string hanging around you), would be to secure the holster. Surely it has a thumb-break or some form of snap over the back of the hammer/web indent?
    If it doesn't, sew some velcro to each side (opposing types, obviously) over the back of where the grip would be in the holster. Place the gun in the holster and close the velcro over the back of the grip on itself. Do it tightly enough and the pistol won't move, let alone fall out.

Lastly, if all else fails, duct tape the pistol into the holster and rip it off when you need it. It's crude, but it's effective. I've duct taped a pistol, without a holster, to my boot in the past. Sounds ridiculous, but simple things work.

Ok, Ill bring some duct tape with me. The holster is just some pieces of fabric sewn inside a pocket to stop deagle moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Put a keyring onto the trigger guard and the attach bit of string or other such stuff. Helps keep the trigger clear. I use this method for a 1911 which is a heavy pistol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

Just simply string around the trigger gaurd!
    Although I think you'd notice if you was to drop that cannon lol!
    xXx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

You can use the original paracord + duct-tape mag pull idea, and just loop some paracord, and tape it to the pistol, attaching a lanyard to that. Just make the loop big enough so you can push it out of the way to change magazine.

The main concern I have with pistols is not them falling, but rather the magazine falling - so what I do is put a strip of electrical/insulation tape on the bottom and onto the grip, then a single strip around that. If I need to change mag, the tape is easily ripped through in the reloading motion, but it is strong enough to keep the mag in the gun, in case of accidental mag-release depression :)

Advertisement