Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subsidised neutering?

• 26-04-2011 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Just wondering (on behalf of a friend) how to source subsided neutering for a adult male? have checked the Dogs Trust website and Spayweek.ie but can't find any info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Dogs Trust released some more vouchers this year, but very few vets will have any left now, I know my local vets only got 20 vouchers and they all went within a week because there was a waiting list for them.

Phone any vets local to your friend and ask if they have any vouchers left. I don't know what the criteria is to receive them, receipt of social welfare payments, but I'm not sure which ones.

In Dublin I believe the Blue Cross do subsidised neutering, I think I've seen that on here before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Local SPCAs also often will give vouchers that can be used at participating vet clinics. I know Kilkenny SPCA do this- you fill in the required paperwork and they then send you a voucher which can be used at your local vet (provided that vet clinic accepts the vouchers).
    Dogs Trust vouchers are like gold dust and are going very fast due to the limited numbers available.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ring a few vets in your local area and see if any have Dog's Trust Vouchers. You only have to pay a fraction of the price if your on any sort of social welfare payment - carer's allowance, job seeker's allowance etc. Not sure exactly how much you have to pay though.

Advertisement