Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying with P&T double buggy - advice?

Options
  • 26-04-2011 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I'm going to Belgium for a few months and want to bring my P&T Vibe as I've 2 small children and will be doing a lot of walking. I'm wondering do I need to get the travel bag for it or would I get away without buying it.

Would I be able to bring a buggy that big through security and up to the door of the plane?
    I'm thinking I won't be able to given the size of it and it's not exactly neat when folded down with the double seat.
    I can't see Belgium security letting me through with the buggy either. I had my baby in a sling on the way through 2 weeks ago and they made me take it off and put the sling through the scanner whereas in Dublin I was let through wearing the baby.

Anyone have any experience of taking a large buggy abroad. Will I need to check it in do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Nope, a buggy is allowed to the steps of the plane, so they'll have to let you take it. Don't worry about the travel bag, just fold it as best you can and let them deal with it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭goosie2005

have brought p&t buggy a few times on plane, with no problem.
    Usually on the airline website they say whats acceptable, it's usually, one collapsible buggy per child which folds in one piece. There is no limitation on the size of the actual buggy.
    Never sure if they would question the 2 pieces, and was afraid they might lose smaller piece so always brought buggy to door of plane and brought the second (seat part) on to the plane in a plastic bag. it fits in the overhead lockers.
    have seen others, tie the 2 pieces together.
    don't bother with the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

Great January & Goosie thanks for your responses. I was at the airport on Friday waiting for DH and saw a woman come out the arrivals door with a P&T with double seat so it must be ok. Just thought it might be too big a buggy to bring.
    The Vibe folds with the double seat apparently but I haven't managed to get it to do that yet. I usually just half fold it and feck it into the boot cos I've got a big high boot. If I don't get a chance to practice folding it with the double seat then I'll just take it on board with me. Thank goodness we're only going to Europe with the kids. I think I'd have a breakdown if I was going transatlantic.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Mary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Gas canisters for the tyres are probably not allowed. I dunno if they are, just flagging that if you use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Just tell them at the check in desk that the buggy folds into 2 pieces and they will put a separate label onto each piece.
    We've flown loads of times with a P&T and it's never been a problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement