Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday, Friday in Sligo

Options
  • 26-04-2011 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Hi, going to Sligo for Thursday, Friday night. I'm in my early thirties, where would be good to go out and about? What pubs / clubs etc would be in my age range ;) Anyone know of any interesting gigs or comedy show etc that might be on?

Also, what is there to do about the town? I've been living in Galway for four years but it's my first trip to Sligo I'm ashamed to say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Garavogue Bar, Mc Hughs or Fiddlers Creek are within crawling distance of each other usually have Live Music or DJ on (late bars). Hargadons is a nice old style pub and good for music on a Friday before heading to the late ones. Shoots and Connollys are smaller old style pubs and are nice for a pint whilst rambling.

During the day, take the bus out to Strandhill for a head clearing walk on the beach or dunes. Head to Bella Vista for an awesome pizza, go for a seaweed bath, play a round of golf etc. Rosses Point also has a nice beach (and buses out and back during the day).

Have a nosey around HERE for other ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Fiddlers Creek on the Thursday if the White Gorillas are playing.

Excellent musicians and a very enjoyable night. Bar open til 1.30 IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Can not see much happening on Thursday or Friday wedged in between two bank holiday weekends no students either.Just stay along the river most pubs/nightclubs are around it

Advertisement