Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Semester Examinations 2011

Options
  • 26-04-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

How are people set? I have three exams and will be finished 12th May. Sociology and History have gone fairly well but politics is pretty mind numbing all about socrates,plato etc. It gets stressful enough at times but i us the motivation of trying to avoid receiving the dreaded letters in the summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Last set for me ever [hopefully].

Tear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

But at least when you return to U.L in the future you need not worry about exams, better find my id card, save me a lot of grief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Is it introduction to sociology II your doing?

I'm totally lost as to what to study for it!

Seloth wrote: »
    Is it introduction to sociology II your doing?

I'm totally lost as to what to study for it!

I am unfortunately, but i'm not doing it next year. :D I'm the same i'm just learning definitions out of the main book and hoping for the best, she was meant to return our marks on sulis but there were problems with it, wish she didn't say anything now. Politics is tough too.

Skyrim wrote: »
    I am unfortunately, but i'm not doing it next year. :D I'm the same i'm just learning definitions out of the main book and hoping for the best, she was meant to return our marks on sulis but there were problems with it, wish she didn't say anything now. Politics is tough too.

Are you just using the slides as references as to what too look up?

I dunno,Im on two thoughts of Politics,Its either going to be easy enough or dead hard :(.

• Advertisement

Yeah, have still a few more to get through. Did the same thing last semester with the slides and main book and got a B, would love the same again but if i don't have to repeat i'll be happy. I fell behind a bit on the politics book, so i'm learning the early greek stuff and plato and few others. :Z It will be tough alright i'd say but we have the short answer tests and the essay to help us out. I finished the tutorial report yesterday, hard enough :(

Seloth:
    Just got an e-mail a while back, sociology essay marks are up!

Feeling a lot more confident about the exams than I was on Monday, got sociology and politics back today. Good results, nothing outstanding, but have picked up a nice percentage in both, so hopefully no repeats if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Good luck to everybody, my first exam starts tomorrow, sociology :P.
    Id card- Check
    2b pencil- Check
    Rubber- Check
    Eraser- Check
    All set.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

finished the 13th and then its off to france for (almost) four months :D....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Fraher91

On for monday, its modern european political thought :( very boring stuff but if i pass i'll be very happy. then have sources for history thursday, boring but it's manageable. Then free for the summer, barring repeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

My exams STILL havnt started....

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

ma4002 monday. what a bummer

Had PO4022 today, anybody here do it, what did you think? It was hard enough but i think i knew enough to answer and hopefully pass it.

Fraher91 wrote: »
    Had PO4022 today, anybody here do it, what did you think? It was hard enough but i think i knew enough to answer and hopefully pass it.

Bluffed my way through the second part.But had enough info on it as well for it too make sense.

Part 1...Or A ,Cant quite remediable was very hard!

Luke if you read this curse you!(But pass us all :eek:)..And Dont leave ! :(

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    My exams STILL havnt started....

.....STILL.....

Seloth wrote: »
    Bluffed my way through the second part.But had enough info on it as well for it too make sense.

Part 1...Or A ,Cant quite remediable was very hard!

Luke if you read this curse you!(But pass us all :eek:)..And Dont leave ! :(

Yeah I think what i said in part B made sense just about. I knew about 3 out of 5 of part A. I agree, don't leave Luke, you legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

Anyone know when the results are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

20th June AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

freyners wrote: »
    20th June AFAIK

Oh cool thanks!

• Advertisement

Results are nearly upon us already, i just hope i don't get any letters from U.L the next week or so. I think i should be ok, worked hard enough, maybe not as hard as first semester. Geography, hard to say he only marked us on an essay, i hope he'll remember that i was one of the minority who showed up a lot to the lectures, politics was hard it was ancient greek stuff, sociology it's hard to tell i'm not doing it anymore and history was hard but i got good grades for essay work. Not pushed with academic writing. How are ye fixed?

I need to do quite well to make up for a disasterous first semester. Have all yer grannies light candles for me :rolleyes:

Advertisement