Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New species of feathered prehistoric animals

• 26-04-2011 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello anybody that is interested,
    I have discovered fossils of many new species of prehistoric animals that had feathered wings. I have spent the last seven years figuring out what they are. I can prove it to anybody who might be interested.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Fire away then, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Sounds interesting. Tell us more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Terrie H Dickerson

Thank you for responding, I'm trying to figure out what to do with these discoveries. I have taken them to some of the local paleontologist her in Arizona. Dr. Bob at the Southwest Desert Museum in Mesa says that he is starting to see what I am talking about and he has been exploring the area where I have found most of them. Dr Flessa at U of A told me if I wanted to prove that they are in fact what I claim is to find as many of each one as I can. That is what I have done. They are not skeletons. They are embryos and hatchlings that never hatched. The whole animal in some cases. I don't expect anybody to believe me because it took me years to figure it out for myself what they are and that they are real. However, I believe that the physical proof will convince anybody who will spend the time investigating them. I am talking about at least 29 new species of animal. All of them have feathered wings. They were developed enough at the time of hatching to where I believe that some of them could probably fly almost immediatly. I could write a book on all of the information I think I know about them. If you want to know more about them, then please call me at <snip>

I probably shouldn't resort to meming here but, Pics or GTFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Thank you for responding, I'm trying to figure out what to do with these discoveries. I have taken them to some of the local paleontologist her in Arizona. Dr. Bob at the Southwest Desert Museum in Mesa says that he is starting to see what I am talking about and he has been exploring the area where I have found most of them. Dr Flessa at U of A told me if I wanted to prove that they are in fact what I claim is to find as many of each one as I can. That is what I have done. They are not skeletons. They are embryos and hatchlings that never hatched. The whole animal in some cases. I don't expect anybody to believe me because it took me years to figure it out for myself what they are and that they are real. However, I believe that the physical proof will convince anybody who will spend the time investigating them. I am talking about at least 29 new species of animal. All of them have feathered wings. They were developed enough at the time of hatching to where I believe that some of them could probably fly almost immediatly. I could write a book on all of the information I think I know about them. If you want to know more about them, then please call me at <snip>

So you say you want to tell anyone who is interested in what you claim to have found about it, and you can prove it, but they have to ring a T-Mobile number in Phoenix, or at least a number that is being routed through a rate centre near Phoenix, (technically the name that comes up for that number is a female living in San Tan Valley) to hear more?

If you are genuine, well done on your find and we will all look forward to getting to read about your finds in due time through various publication and/or websites, but don't expect people here in Ireland to dial a number in the US if you are not willing to discuss some of it on the forum that you brought the subject up on in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Show us some pics or go troll somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Hello,
    I just invented a machine for traviling great distances in both space and time, I'm thinking of calling it the Time-Altering-Relational-Displacement-Inside-Space machine.
    But I can't think of a catchy Acronym for that. Maybe you could help.

If you want you can contact me on 1800-T-A-R-D-I-S.

(Please be careful when dialing as 1800-T-U-R-D-I-S routes to a rather shady german website....)

Yours.
    A. Doctor

I should like to buy shares in your machine Mr. Grey...

Galvasean wrote: »
    I should like to buy shares in your machine Mr. Grey...

You can have it in any colour. Except blue. (copywrite issues)

I don't know if anyone is still intersested in seeing some pictures of these fossils. Sorry it took so long. These are a few. No descriptions. I'm not use to using a forum like this so please be patient. Hopefully you can see the pictures.
    Stone Record Fossils - Arizona.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

You have to open up a file and download it when you click on that link. I am not going to do that as this thread seems to be a bit dodgy to me.

If it is genuine please post photgraphs not downloads as they may be malware or viruses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I opened the link. Its a .pdf file of images of rocks. I'm no expert but I failed to see anything that resembled a fossil, let alone feathered ones.

Rubecula wrote: »
    You have to open up a file and download it when you click on that link. I am not going to do that as this thread seems to be a bit dodgy to me.

If it is genuine please post photgraphs not downloads as they may be malware or viruses.

My thoughts exactly. I didn´t open it either.

But I wasn´t taking this whole thing seriously anyways. I don´t know if there really is a "Dr. Bob" in the Southwest Desert Museum but he really needs a surname. Last time I heard of a "Dr. Bob" was in Drake and Josh, and it was a fake doctor.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Could be the Beatles "Dr Robert"? A chap who supplied them with class A hallucinogens and ended up in a Lennon penned song for his trouble. Maybe there's something on the outtakes but I don't recall palaeontological material in the lyrics...

I looked at the PDF* and I can't see any evidence of feather structure, nor indeed biological, with the possible exception of number 10. Otherwise they just look like pretty enough wind, maybe water rounded pebbles, some sedimentary, some metamorphic. My inexpert take anyway.

*PS PDF's are usually pretty safe. Though I'm on a mac so...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

It's ok. I don't expect anybody to believe me by looking at a few pictures. It took me a long time to convince myself that what I found was real, and even longer to figure out what they are. I probably shouldn't have referred to Dr. Bob's response to me. All I want is for somebody to spend enough time investigating them to realize they are real. This is a huge part of Earths history that is not been realized. The proof is everywhere, in stone. There is enough physical evidence that no one will be able to dispute it.

I am not judging you on a few pictures I am judging you on the lack of them and an obtuse link that will download either a virus to my computer or my personal information to yours.

Thanks but no thanks.

It's ok. I don't expect anybody to believe me by looking at a few pictures. It took me a long time to convince myself that what I found was real, and even longer to figure out what they are. I probably shouldn't have referred to Dr. Bob's response to me. All I want is for somebody to spend enough time investigating them to realize they are real. This is a huge part of Earths history that is not been realized. The proof is everywhere, in stone. There is enough physical evidence that no one will be able to dispute it.

Sooo, let me get this straight. You already got some of the fossils to this mysterious "Dr. Bob" and he believes you, yet you thought it was necessary to register in a paleontology forum where most members are amateurs and show them the pictures to "prove" that they are real. Because obviously, the word of an expert like Dr. Bob is not good enough...

Also, you say that your main goal is to have people "realize that they are real", and Dr. Bob is ok with that; he told you that "if you want to prove that they are what you claim, you must find as many of each as you can". I'm quoting one of your earlier messages BTW.

Erm... if this Dr. Bob was a real person, he still wouldn´t be smart enough to get a doctorate.

Since when do paleontologists give advice to laymen about proving their supositions right? Paleontologist don´t waste time trying to prove that their findings are real. They KNOW they are real and that's it. They spend years studying fossils to see what they can learn from them. A real paleontologist presented with a real discovery would tell you that the fossil you found is very interesting and that they will take a look at it and see if they can figure out what you have found. They wouldn´t tell you to collect as many as you can, because if it is really an important discovery, the last thing a scientist would want would be to have a layman digging up fossils and damaging them. If anything they would want to know where you found them and go study the area themselves.

I think you and Dr. Bob are simply desperate for some attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Little_Foot

So, I live in Arizona, and as far as I know, there is no Desert Southwest Museum. There is the Mesa Southwest Museum that I volunteer at (no Dr. Bob), and the Arizona-Sonoran Desert Museum (No Dr. Bob as far as I can tell via the internet, but I will call to confirm during business hours tomorrow). There is also the Desert Caballeros Western Museum, but they don't have a paleontologist on staff. Based on that and the shady phone number/picture link I'm going to go ahead and agree with the others in calling bunk.

Excuse me for trying to find someone interested in a new discovery. Dr Bob's full name is Robert D McCord. I was wrong about the name of the Arizona Museum of Natural History. I never said that he agreed with what I have found. He did say he was begining to see what I was talking about. maybe he was just being polite. which is a lot more than I can say I have received on this forum. My phone # is <mod snip>. I'm living in a dead zone for T-mobile and my phone doesn't work all of the time, but people can leave messages. The house phone is <mod snip>. I posted pictures the only way I know how.

Excuse me for trying to find someone interested in a new discovery. Dr Bob's full name is Robert D McCord. I was wrong about the name of the Arizona Museum of Natural History. I never said that he agreed with what I have found. He did say he was begining to see what I was talking about. maybe he was just being polite. which is a lot more than I can say I have received on this forum. My phone # is <snip. I'm living in a dead zone for T-mobile and my phone doesn't work all of the time, but people can leave messages. The house phone is <snip. I posted pictures the only way I know how.

Well I'm still not calling to any of those numbers. :cool: Thanks for clearing up Dr. Bob's identity, though.

• Advertisement

Ok, Benifit of the doubt time here....

Let me assume that you are new to the field (as I am). Lets also assume that you have discovered something you think is new, and you are excited about that (as I would be).
    All of that is pretty reasonable.

But here is where you are not helping your case:

Firstly, you come to a backwater fourm half way around the world to publish pictures of your find.
    Not a good idea. A reasonable person such as I would firstly take it to a museum. I believe you did. But what is rather fishy is you were told to collect as many as you can.
    As Adam has pointed out, this is soooooo not the way a true scientist would answer. And this is because a hamfisted amature (as we all start out) will inevitably do more harm than good when extracting a fossil. furthermore the area around the fossil tells as much about the animal as the bones itself. So much so that there is a seperate field called Taphonomy? strictly related to this. An amature does not know how to read or preserve that information. A real scientist would. - Hence if Dr. Bob is real, - he is giving you very bad advice.

Secondly you post links to pictures. This does not provide as much proof as you think. Anyone can do that. Post the originals. (as Lightfoot just did)

Thirdly, in the blind, you ask that we call international personal numbers posted in a blind forum by an anonymous source (you).
    Thats never going to look good, and it's not going to happen.

You look like a Nigerian Prince/President/PooBah soliciting bank details when you do that.

If you think that you have been treated unfairly, then I apologise. But you must understand that all of those things together is a very very suspect set of circumstances.

Oh, and smack Dr. Bob for me. If he is real, he deserves it.

Firstly, you come to a backwater fourm

Banned. ;)

Please, no more posting of telephone numbers on thr forum. it's not safe

I have a phone number for Father Christmas can I post that ....Ok He just phoned me and said he needs a break so I won't post it. :pac:

Yes Galvasean I thought it unsafe too but I also thought it must be a bit of a scam. I may be wrong but I think the danger with this is for the poor folk who actually call it. It is possible to remove the number for safety sake? (Not having a go at the OP as I can not judge whether he is genuine or not. I just have a very supicious nature)

Advertisement