Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for eircom router

• 26-04-2011 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hope someone can help me out here.
    Long story short my eircom router is broken and I need to pick up a new one ASAP (OH requires internet access for work)

Would I be able to pick one up in PC world or Argos easily enough for not too expensive? Does it matter that it's not the one supplied by Eircom?

Gonna be in the dog house til I get this sorted!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I have a old router that has wireless issue not working properly sometimes it do.

It works fine through ethernet cable you can have it for nothing if if you're stuck :)

But yeah all routers should work PC world will have one anyway

OR Adverts.ie http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_router/sortby_best_match-desc/price_1-50/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Any dsl modem router will do fine. Make sure it has a dsl modem and is not what is often known as a cable router.

For example:

http://netgear.co.uk/home/products/wirelessrouters/work-and-play/DGN2200.aspx

And you will need these settings:
    Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Grilled Cheesus

Cheers Dave, that's really nice of you to offer- I'm in Dublin myself so I'll check out the local shops first but if I strike out and can't get anything sorted I'd say the missus will be making me drive down to you!

Thanks Dub45, didn't know there was a difference between the two so that's great info!

Well we'll see what PC world has to offer tomorrow then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pinkplastic

yeah you can pick up a cheap enuf one in pc world or try any guys that repair pc@/lap tops, they may have a second hand one for half nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

I have two eircom wireless routers one of which I dont use, your welcome to it free of charge if you still need one. PM me if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 sgbrady

the motorola netopia 2247 modem/router that eircom gives you is very bad i replaced mine 3 time there **** i recommened you go out and buy a proper router like a d link or a netgear it may take more time to config those routers/modems but in the long run your better off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement