Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why i hate summer

• 26-04-2011 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭

Aesthetically challenged ladies in way too revealing clothes, mowing the lawn, saving the turf, flies in my coffee, midges, sweaty balls, sunburn, sunstroke, screaming wains in pubs, cyclists, ice cream van music . . . . . . .

Am i the only one who absolutely detests summer?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Sunstroke??

Would ya g'way oura da'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Aesthetically challenged ladies in way too revealing clothes, mowing the lawn, saving the turf, flies in my coffee, midges, sweaty balls, sunburn, sunstroke, screaming wains in pubs, cyclists, ice cream van music . . . . . . .

Me, and Fergal, say NO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Summer raped my wife and burnt down my village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Well I for one hate these warm nights. I feel boiled, lying here on the bed.

Might have to go for a naked jog down the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Here we go again.

The time of year when the "Summer Miserabilists" start whining about it being "too hot" & having "sweaty ball bags".

Anyone who hates summer is a freak. It's a brilliant time of year. The days are long, the sun is shining, girls wear less clothes, beer tastes nicer, the barbeques are dusted off, everything is in full bloom & the world seems like a much nicer place.

There's nothing wrong with summer. Nothing.

Except when it rains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Op sounds like a ginger with hay fever. :p

And no air conditioning in his basement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

As a ginger with hay fever, i resent this comparison :mad: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Here we go again.

The time of year when the "Summer Miserabilists" start whining about it being "too hot" & having "sweaty ball bags".

Anyone who hates summer is a freak. It's a brilliant time of year. The days are long, the sun is shining, girls wear less clothes, beer tastes nicer, the barbeques are dusted off, everything is in full bloom & the world seems like a much nicer place.

There's nothing wrong with summer. Nothing.

Except when it rains.

+100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Na, if i was i would have come on here complaining:p

• Advertisement

As a ginger with hay fever, i resemble this comparison :mad: ;)

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Living in Ireland you can barely even call it a summer, so quit you're whining and enjoy what little we have of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Me, and Fergal, say NO!

Feargal! :rolleyes::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

FYP

Ok i asked for that.. But just to clear up what i meant, not all of us are so whiny and i like summer. Its great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Anyone who hates summer is a freak.

QFT. Anyone who hates summer is foreveralone.jpg. Honestly if you can't be happy when you're gettin your hit of vitamin D then ya can **** off.

As long as the fat 1s don't wear a 2 piece I'm happy enough and even most fat lads wear shirts in the water so it's all good.

I wear extremely tight clothing to show off my aesthetics....
    feels like I'm wearing nothing at all

nothing at all

nothing at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Next the OP will be telling us it's too hot to cook :rolleyes:

I love summer cos summer means every ladies boobies get bigger :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

kfallon wrote: »
    Next the OP will be telling us it's too hot to cook :rolleyes:

I love summer cos summer means every ladies boobies get bigger :D

:confused: *whips out measuring tape*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I'm whiter than white and I can't tan and I burn easily. Last Summer here in Toronto, a lot of days were +40 Celsius. Insanely hot and I love it. Get out and enjoy it - sure it can uncomfortable at times but just sit down, have a beer, fire up the bbq, chill. Just use a bed sheet at night. Winter is for pigs. People who say Autumn is their favourite season are boring and predictable. Summer is for winners. I don't have time for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'll have to concede the turf rant. The pain of throwing it into a trailer then having to chuck it all out again once you get home THEN try and restack it neater in the middle of a scorching day. Sunburn, welly burn :P sweat and turf dust is heartbreaking.

You city slickers have it easy with your cute chicks sunbathing in parks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

jive wrote: »
    feels like I'm wearing nothing at all

nothing at all

nothing at all

Stupid sexy Flanders!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You've gone up a cup size haven't you ;)

I love BOOBIES :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I had a GF who liked to do something similar. I told her that it wouldn't get any bigger if she held a measuring tape directly against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I don't like summer. I'm just not cut out for warm weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Long bright evenings, bright mornings, ice cream, heat (perhaps not so much in the Irish but in the *real* sense of summer), strawberries and cream, the smell of freshly-mown grass, barbecues, chilled wine.... yeah, summer's a pain alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Spanish students

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

let me guess, you love winter right..

the cold wet days to feel miserable and suffer through, the shorter days so the sun doesnt agravate your eyes, the sour looks on peoples faces so you look 'normal', the gloating from the fact you dont like out door persuits and those who do are below par so you can feel smug from the comforts of your sheltar knowing they are missing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Spanish students

............F*ckin' taking up path space...............F*ckers. Why can't they walk single file. You know, to hide their numbers.

I'll have to concede the turf rant. The pain of throwing it into a trailer then having to chuck it all out again once you get home THEN try and restack it neater in the middle of a scorching day. Sunburn, welly burn :P sweat and turf dust is heartbreaking.

You city slickers have it easy with your cute chicks sunbathing in parks.
    I feel your pain brother

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yes you are. lovely ladies with their headlamps on full beams are one of the delights of summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Some people don't take the heat well, fair enough.

But revealing clothes? I'm not bothered what someone else is wearing to stay comfortable.

You'd see less fabric on a young one on a winters night out than summer days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

saa wrote: »
    Some people don't take the heat well, fair enough.

But revealing clothes? I'm not bothered what someone else is wearing to stay comfortable.

You'd see less fabric on a young one on a winters night out than summer days.
    Why did you bump a summer Thread????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Why did you bump a summer Thread????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Why did you feel the need to use so many question marks and annoying smilies?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

baz2009 wrote: »

Why did your post quote them?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

Greetings from Winter time.
    The OP will appreciate Summer from where we're standing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

deuceswild wrote: »
    Why did your post quote them?

For the lulz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A nice summer day in Ireland is bliss. It never gets tooooo hot (very very high temperatures suck) and this wee island looks so pretty.

FinnLizzy wrote: »
    Greetings from Winter time.
    The OP will appreciate Summer from where we're standing.
    The OP hates winter even more :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

This years summer was the worst in years! or so I thought anyway. We had some great weather in April and May though. Well, about 2 weeks of it in total. There's something I enjoy about sitting in my boiling hot room with wearing shorts and a t-shirt (or no t-shirt) and having the window open fully at night. Its fun in a way. Better than waking up being freezing cold.

Summer and Winter are so ****e in this country. Fúck sake! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

They're all wrapped up for the next six months now OP so all good in da hood.

Actually, there sparks a question: if we lived in a hotter climate where it would be necessary to wear less clothes would we all be more inclined to look after our bodies a little better?

My guess is YES!

(Myself included)

• Advertisement

For the lulz.

The OP hates winter even more :mad:

Ah it's the way it goes, I was looking forward to winter over the summer as I'm always so happy in the nov/dec run up to Christmas.

Fcuking miserable now.

baz2009 wrote: »
    I actually edited it to delete a few.....I think it's bang on at that.

saa wrote: »
    For the lulz.
    Actually, I'm even more curious how you ended up reading the Thread in the first place???

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

I love the darkness of winter. The relaxation of getting home in the evenings and sitting in front of a real fire. The rain on a weekend, when all you've got do to is get the papers, and cook a roast, cosy and snug, in home, listening to the wind or rain, or looking out at the snow & the wonderful silence it brings.

If I had to pick one season, living in Ireland, when our summer's are sh1te anyway, give me a dark winter any day :)

Actually, I'm even more curious how you ended up reading the Thread in the first place???
    I has a stalker :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

OP mustn't live in ireland, seen none of that this year.

Advertisement