Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sign writing font

Options
  • 26-04-2011 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know where I can a sign writing font similar to the one in the image that is connected when I type the word?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

First of all you have to find out a name of the font that's used (I know it by looking at it but I can't put a name to it). Then all you have to do is ask someone to write the text you want in Photoshop and adjust the kerning values so the letters touch each other. I can do that if I know the font name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Is there any way of doing that in Autocad as I need to cut these on a CNC??

I need to do the word MEMORIES on a CNC in a font similar to the one in the picture but have no idea where to find a font similar to that and how to get the required vectors into autocad then..

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

I think if you can get someone to do the type up in something like illustrator, do all the kerning etc. that is needed, then outline the font, then export it as an autocad drawing (i think the file extension is .dwg or .dxf), u should be able to open it up in autocad, I think :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pauro 76

The font is Cooper Black surely...

• Advertisement

Would anyone be kind enough to do me a massive favour and do the knurling thing on photoshop with the word MEMORIES and save as a dwg or dxf file for autocad please as I don't have photoshop and don't know how to do the knurling?

Thanks in advance

Anyone got any links on how to do this in photoshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

Dunno if photoshop would be much help man as it aint a vector package, but if you call up the text pallet, the little boxes for the kearning etc. adjustments are in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

You could browse through the fonts in cooltext.com, it's a great logo generator

On a quick looksee there's one or two on this page http://cooltext.com/Fonts-Huge

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

pauro 76 wrote: »
    The font is Cooper Black surely...

The second I saw it Cooper Black jumped to mind. Almost certainly is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Would anyone be kind enough to do me a massive favour and do the knurling thing on photoshop with the word MEMORIES and save as a dwg or dxf file for autocad please as I don't have photoshop and don't know how to do the knurling?

Thanks in advance

PM me tomorrow to remind me. Exactly as it looks there, yeah? Colour? Has free time.

Hi banquo sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

That typeface is Cooper Black with very tight kerning. Alternatively, you could try Goudy Black.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

I have made the dxf file for you and if you are still stuck send me your email via pm and I will send you a dxf file.

Hi Third Eye have sent you a PM.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I have pm'd you with my email address as I cannot attach dxf file to boards message. So contact me and I can send you file this evening

I have to shut this computer down so if you still want file I will send tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I have done one for you also if you need it, pm me your email address.

Advertisement