Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

silage wrap.

• 26-04-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Just phoned the co-op toady for plastic €85 per roll including vat and will probally go up another bit they say.

Was thinking of buying plasic in the North but there is no serial number on this for the waste collection. How would I explain this to a farmer ??? is it my responsibility ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭manjou

Tell your customers to supply there own plastic that is what they do round me.Then they can go north if they want.Got my plastic collected last year and if i hadent a number still would have saved more than the extra cost of buying it down south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

manjou wrote: »
    Tell your customers to supply there own plastic that is what they do round me.Then they can go north if they want.Got my plastic collected last year and if i hadent a number still would have saved more than the extra cost of buying it down south.

Going to takeyour advice, What is the best brand to get up North and at 6 wraps per bale roughly how many bales will a roll do? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Agri contractor

Will make a few calls today to the North and let ye know the prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Just phoned the co-op toady for plastic €85 per roll including vat and will probally go up another bit they say.

Was thinking of buying plasic in the North but there is no serial number on this for the waste collection. How would I explain this to a farmer ??? is it my responsibility ???

We use wrap from the North all the time. We get our wrap collected from FRS rather than IFFPG. While we often have to pay a few euro extra to have the wrap collected, we make great savings by buying the wrap in the North. The 2 closest places to the border for wrap are Cassidy's Filling station in ballyconnell and McCorry Agri in Derrylin. A google will get you a number for each. We normally deal in McCorry's, Phelim is the owner and he's very easy to deal with. Stay away from the Quinn wrap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

could you not buy 2 or 3 rolls from your local coop and use that number for plastic collection , then buy the rest up north :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭manjou

Can get any wrap up north Got silotite. last year at 55 .Heard it will be 65 this year but have not rang yet. Cassidies or mc corries nearest and cheapest.Also buy 2 roles and get no for collection.6 layers you will get about 25 bales to role depending on bales

most are around 65 + vat in the North for visqeen or any of the good types.

most are around 65 + vat in the North for visqeen or any of the good types.

is that euro? what will you do, go up with jeep and trailer and bring a few pallets ? will they take cheques up there?

is that euro? what will you do, go up with jeep and trailer and bring a few pallets ? will they take cheques up there?

Mccorry or Cassidy will take euro cheques. McCorry will arrange delivery if you ar ordering at least a pallet.

Visqueen is good wrap.

reilig wrote: »
    Mccorry or Cassidy will take euro cheques. McCorry will arrange delivery if you ar ordering at least a pallet.

Visqueen is good wrap.

whats the rate of VAT to be added and how many rolls in a pallet?
    just wondering for a small enough user would it be worth it, i suppose if its going to be 85 down south it should be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭fastrac

88 euro Dairygold ,Blarney

whats the rate of VAT to be added and how many rolls in a pallet?
    just wondering for a small enough user would it be worth it, i suppose if its going to be 85 down south it should be

20% vat rate.

48 rolls in a pallet (I think).

That would put a roll at €78 - so it may or may not pay to buy it - depending on whether you have a vat number or not.

reilig wrote: »
    20% vat rate.

48 rolls in a pallet (I think).

That would put a roll at €78 - so it may or may not pay to buy it - depending on whether you have a vat number or not.

yep not registered unfortunately, i suppose if you paid cash they might knock the VAT off?

JohnGalway maybe you could make this thread a sticky??..might be handy coming towards silage season whereby folks could see where best value on wrap is

kerry agri in clare told me 85 euro but not 100% decided yet and no brands mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭barryoc1

I was in Kilmallock mart on monday and there were lads there selling silage wrap for 75 euro a roll. They had an open sided lorry and were selling other bits and pieces so all seemed genuine enough and seemed like a good deal. I didnt know the brand of plastic, had never heard of it and now i cant recall the name of it. Seemed fair good value considering the prices quoted above.

Bit of a long shot but, anyone else here see it or know anything about the plastic. I was very tempted to buy a few but afraid it might be rubbish stuff. Sorry i dont have a name for it but maybe someone else saw it and can remember.

barryoc1 wrote: »
    I was in Kilmallock mart on monday and there were lads there selling silage wrap for 75 euro a roll. They had an open sided lorry and were selling other bits and pieces so all seemed genuine enough and seemed like a good deal. I didnt know the brand of plastic, had never heard of it and now i cant recall the name of it. Seemed fair good value considering the prices quoted above.

Bit of a long shot but, anyone else here see it or know anything about the plastic. I was very tempted to buy a few but afraid it might be rubbish stuff. Sorry i dont have a name for it but maybe someone else saw it and can remember.

i suppose the problem there is that they probably wont give you the recycling batch number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭barryoc1

I dont see that as being an issue cause there is a plastic collection day annually in our area where by we take the plastic to a plastic collection point, normally located in a quarry on a specific day. Think it is 25 euro a tonne when you drop it off but never weighed and they will take a big tractor trailer load. Better value than paying, i think it is 60/70 a bag collected.

I dont see that as being an issue cause there is a plastic collection day annually in our area where by we take the plastic to a plastic collection point, normally located in a quarry on a specific day. Think it is 25 euro a tonne when you drop it off but never weighed and they will take a big tractor trailer load. Better value than paying, i think it is 60/70 a bag collected.

no we are they same, bring it to a collection point or they will come out for a bit more but they still look for that number off you in my experience, maybe it doesnt make any odds though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭what happen

no we are they same, bring it to a collection point or they will come out for a bit more but they still look for that number off you in my experience, maybe it doesnt make any odds though
    i got rid of three years round bale plastic last year a lorry from the north came to a collection point. the lorry man didnt ask for a number. 300 wraps ten euros:D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭limerick farmer

saw those crowd selling the bale wrap for 75 euro in kilmallock.I think it was called poliwrap.I know I have never heard of it before.I think if you take plastic to those collection points run by the IFPPG you have to have a code number to get it collected at the reduced price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭pat73

I was there my self as well.I thought it was called farm film but not 100% sure.It was 75 euro also.Was wondering also about the quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mad machinery

Hi guys. i am selling silotite for 70 euro's. there are 40 rolls in a pallet and i have the levy paid on it so every pallet has its own pallet number for recycling. would any of you be interested in some?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

Hi guys. i am selling silotite for 70 euro's. there are 40 rolls in a pallet and i have the levy paid on it so every pallet has its own pallet number for recycling. would any of you be interested in some?

Where you based???

Will you send me on your number and details.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 rocketjk

Anybody see this.. Looks to good to be true

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/businessopportunities/2129195

im based near galway city. call me if ye need plastic for 70 euro's including recycling levy. 087 6921321

rocketjk wrote: »
    Anybody see this.. Looks to good to be true

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/businessopportunities/2129195

Its from Global world sourcing - they get most of their stuff from China. Its just a one man show who has set up as a middle man and takes a generous commission. I wouldn't like to risk my 2011 silage by wrapping it with untested cheap wrap.

The ad says

"Low noise when stretched"

This suggests that the wrap isn't very tacky and there may be issues with air tightness because of this IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 6910

hi u doing can i contact u about a few pallets where are u

• Registered Users Posts: 7 6910

is that inc vat,

• Advertisement

no vat. i can take a cheque. give me a ring 0876921321

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tom C

i am going to galway direction soon and have place for one more pallet of wrap any one interest will deliver it 65.00 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Farmplastic

Lads dont get caught out buying up north, a few lads around me this year got stung getting rid of the stuff, they wont take dockets from up north. €85 half tonne versus €15. Not too bad ya might think but try a silage trailer full of it and its a disaster....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭DMAXMAN

as far as i know you can buy plastic up north and pay the levy on it down south to the iffpg crowd.any way why bother, the frs have a collection around here and it is 50 euro per load ,that includes all your spray cans ,net wrap,silage plasticand wraps etc versus 40 euro per bag for each type of waste plus 7 euro per bag to buy with the iffpg group

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Farmplastic

Nah i rang them about it today, they say if you buy it up north then you will be charged at the high rate. The Northern lads arent registered with them for levy so anyone that says they have numbers for ya are just making them up. I asked them if the number i gave them didnt work and they said then its the high rate..... i told them about the FRS prices for the cans and they said they are changing that side of things for next year so it will be easier. I dunno im happy enough to pay it at least the department wont be asking questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Hay_man

Lads dont get caught out buying up north, a few lads around me this year got stung getting rid of the stuff, they wont take dockets from up north. €85 half tonne versus €15. Not too bad ya might think but try a silage trailer full of it and its a disaster....:eek:

Rubbish

I buy all my wrap in the north and have no bother getting it collected,

The FRS collect it no bother,

For 350 Bale wraps I was only charged €30 iirc

The FRS is the way go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement