Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice Release System for Clay Shooting

Options
  • 26-04-2011 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hey Guys n Gals..

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of these systems, be they BRB,Canterbury etc....

Me and a few mates are thinking of getting one for our own wee DTL shoot, any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated, good, bad or indifferent....and maybe if possible where its in action, im trying to get some feedback from the guys using it 24/7 so to speak.....

Thanks all

Mac

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

The only trouble I've had is if you want to say something to your buddy over at the other firing point, of course, he's wearing earplugs so you speak loudly, and 'thwack!!!!', out goes a clay.

As long as you can remember your volume, I've not had any trouble with such a system at all.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

The only trouble I've had is if you want to say something to your buddy over at the other firing point, of course, he's wearing earplugs so you speak loudly, and 'thwack!!!!', out goes a clay.

Or, you say..

... pull and nothing happens
    ... pull and nothing happens
    ... puhhh luhhh and nothing happens

then drop the firearm, pointed safely into the ground and say
    ... what the f... and out goes a clay

I personally hate them, give me a foot pedal or someone pushing a button any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

canterbury all the way, only thing you have to do really is keep the boxs dry and dont leave them out in trap house in the cold winter months,, fine in this weather though. i found with ours the hassel you would get is when they ar left out and get damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Balheary GC used to use them for skeet shooting all the time, no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭New_one

I wonder where ye purchased the voice system and how much? Many thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement