Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yosemite Climbing

Options
  • 27-04-2011 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

I just got this months edition of National Geographic and there is a big feature on climbing in Yosemite. Here is a link to the article online if anyone is interested, there are also a few cool videos!:) Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

keenan110 wrote: »
    I just got this months edition of National Geographic and there is a big feature on climbing in Yosemite. Here is a link to the article online if anyone is interested, there are also a few cool videos!:) Enjoy!

Thanks for the link man. It was a good read. I cant look at the videos as Im in work at the moment.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭IPNA

It is great to see this. I learned how to climb while living on the valley floor there in Yosemite back in the 80s.
    Back then cars were allowed everywhere and we could belay while sitting on the bonnet of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

IPNA wrote: »
    Back then cars were allowed everywhere and we could belay while sitting on the bonnet of the car.

That just reminded me of the "Top Rope Tough Guys" video in last years Reel rock Film. The link to it is here, very funny stuff!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭IPNA

Yeah, it was a bit crazy. It was common to leave your car open with the doors wide open as we climbed up a multi pitch route. How else could we listen to some great climbing music while on the wall?
    For some reason, no one ever drove off with our car while we were hanging on the wall.

Advertisement