Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anything wrong with these?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Ok cheap and nasty prolly?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TiTan-450-Pro-RC-Helicopter-Metal-RTF-6CH-Align-TRex-3D-/220754791021?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item336602ca6d#ht_5078wt_922

I've never flown a proper collective pitch heli but toying with the idea of tryin to pick up a cheap 450

Don't worry I appreciate the eye watering consentration it takes to hover these things and have use FMS albeit with a ps3 controller.

Ok so when y'all stop laughing at someone wanting to start off with a 450 any comments on the above link.

Fraction of the price of a t-Rex would it be ok to have as a starting heli? Given its price!

Cheers
    Nick.

Not sure what they are like myself. Started off with a cheap one myself and it got me going with them although i was flying fixed wing for years before trying them. That one you linked doesnt look too bad though.

With a decent heli it does not actually take much concentration to hover once you become competent. The t-rex 600 for example is simple to hover without much concentration at all, although obviously you cant take your eyes off it, where as the first one i had which was a falcon 3d took a lot more concentration to hover due to the slop in the linkages.

I have a t-rex 450 as well, again its easy to hover, but the 600 is easier mainly because its bigger and heavier.

You should get one of the controllers from a cheap flight sim and that would do on your fms, and become very proficient on it before trying the model, and put some sort of trainer landing gear on it for the first attempts, or get someone experienced which is the best option especially if any setting up is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

hey, just gonna chime in for a bit of advice about this too...

came home from china a few weeks ago with a few "toy" copters, some palm sized ones i was buzzing around the kitchen and one that was much bigger but also fixed wing, and it won't fit inside but outside it can't deal with even the slightest breeze! if you know what i mean.

the ebay heli linked above looks a lot better, i don't know all the terminology but the swash plates would make it a lot more powerful!

i only want something for fun, but the fact that the shipping on the one above is double the price of the item makes it seem a bit dodgy?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

You will require a constant supply of spare parts if you're learning to fly it.
    The heli is an ornament without repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

i only want something for fun, but the fact that the shipping on the one above is double the price of the item makes it seem a bit dodgy?

Some sellers on ebay put most of the cost for the item on to postage so as to avoid ebay costs when it sells as its a % of item cost and not postage cost. Nothing really dodgy at all.

I would check with seller to see if trex 450 parts are interchangable with the heli.

Its the same as a 450 pro i think. So cheap parts could be got from hobbyking from their 450 pro clone ones, or the standard 450 clone probably for rotor head parts etc. I did that myself for an align 450s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DennisZ

80 Stg postage :eek:

+VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

DennisZ wrote: »
    80 Stg postage :eek:

+VAT
    Thats were they make a lot of the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

Yip whilst eBay do have rules regarding postage the seller can justify this by stating the time it takes to go and post it! Fuel travel cost etc.
    Thanks for the replies guy, yes I believ these are fully compatible with trex450

Nick

Yea its a clone of the t-rex 450 pro. Should be decent enough. I used a metal rotor head from the hobbyking clones in my 450, perfect it is.

Advertisement