Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enemy Armada Approaches...

Options
  • 27-04-2011 1:38am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We're a 4 piece rock band hailing for Tralee Co. Kerry. Influences (not sound like) range from Audio Slave to Thin Lizzy
    • David Henry - Drums
    • Tommy Leahy - Vocals/Rhythm Guitar
    • Seamie O'Connor - Lead Guitar
    • Daveit O'Connor - Bass Guitar

Formed in the tale end of 2010, Enemy Armada have gone on to win battle of the Band competitions and featured on TG4's PONC XL so far in the short space of time.

We are currently writing songs for our Debut EP which will be released Summer 2011 and will be touring all over the country.
    Here's a sneak peak of one of the songs called Mr. Low

If you like what you hear add us on Facebook and Myspace for updates on gigs/songs etc.

If you have the time, we are also entered into a competition called Redbull Bedroom jam where the winner will get to play festivals over in the UK. Would be great if you could vote for us if you like the song.
    http://redbullbedroomjam.com/band/videos/mr-low

Thanks for reading and hopefully we will be coming to a venue near you. :)

-Enemy Armada.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tadaa!

like it alot guys.. Mr. Low is brilliant and im not normally into much music other than classic rock. added ye!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Thanks for listening. More songs on Myspace albeit lower quality but still worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Liking the track! If you're ever around I will come to check you out live. Track reminded me of something by Arctic Monkeys in parts.

Cheers! Hopefully we'll get up that side of the country this summer for a few gigs, all going well :)

We are in another competition, a vote and comment would be appreciated. :) Closes on the 15th of may

http://www.supajam.com/feis2011/entry/Enemy-Armada?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150189186153147_16416276_10150189205123147#f157e6a0ee6df4c

• Advertisement

Will be playing the Siamsa Tire Sunday 17th of July for Kerry's Got Talent, just a heads up in case any boardsies might be at it.

Live recording of our new song "Sell it to You" @ Siamsa Tire in Tralee.

We are doing a short performance tonight and It's been streamed online and you can check it out here. 8pm.
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kingdom-broadcating-station

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I listened to the song and I watched the video. The song: had major timing issues, especially with the toms at the start and when it breaks down again into the toms section. The lurch then to the slower beat in the chorus needs to be cut down a bit, I think we a bit more rehearsal and practice you can get it - but maybe this recording needs to be reviewed. If you can listen to it and think its absolutely perfect, then fair enough. But I don't think you do. ;-)

As for the video, I know you are young lads so the first thing I'll say is: work on your stage craft and stage presence. You look terrified up there. Maybe you were. The trick is to not look terrified even if you are shi**ing bricks.

You also need to move around more and not be staring at your hands - that makes you look like amateurs. You want to be moving around, engaging the crowd, making it look like this is the best thing in the world and the only thing in the world. Watch some other bands, "real" bands, and take note. What are they doing? What makes them appealing? What clothes are they wearing? All of these factors are important to stage presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Oh, and don't enter any more competitions. It won't do you any good, seriously! ;-) I personally could not stand there while four tw*ts behind a desk give their "expert opinion". No.

• Advertisement

I listened to the song and I watched the video. The song: had major timing issues, especially with the toms at the start and when it breaks down again into the toms section. The lurch then to the slower beat in the chorus needs to be cut down a bit, I think we a bit more rehearsal and practice you can get it - but maybe this recording needs to be reviewed. If you can listen to it and think its absolutely perfect, then fair enough. But I don't think you do. ;-)

As for the video, I know you are young lads so the first thing I'll say is: work on your stage craft and stage presence. You look terrified up there. Maybe you were. The trick is to not look terrified even if you are shi**ing bricks.

You also need to move around more and not be staring at your hands - that makes you look like amateurs. You want to be moving around, engaging the crowd, making it look like this is the best thing in the world and the only thing in the world. Watch some other bands, "real" bands, and take note. What are they doing? What makes them appealing? What clothes are they wearing? All of these factors are important to stage presence.

Thanks for the crit!
    You are right about the recording, timing issues are present. The drummer didn't play to a click due to time restraints (Only a few hours in the studio for the whole job).
    When we are doing to EP all tracks will be done to a click to ensure timing will be perfect.

Yeah, we are working on that side of things now, image and presence.
    Some good advice and appreciated!

Hey folks, we have been entered into a competition (Adverts.ie Facebook) and we could use you're vote big time to help us achieve our goal of recording and releasing our debut EP before the year in out.

http://www.facebook.com/Adverts.ie?sk=app_128953167177144

Click that link and follow the simple instructions and vote away (Enemy Armada)

Thank you for your time.

TWO NEW ORIGINALS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO OUR MYSPACE WAKE UP AND SELL IT TO YOU

http://www.myspace.com/enemyarmada1

Hope you enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ANTWON

Gotta agree with EVILTIMEBAN there is slight timing issues wit the drums in parts of the recording but the big thing is stage presence, its just as important as having good songs and a lot of bands overlook stage presence.Good singer sounds like that dude off Stereophonics. Keep it up

Hey guys, we're currently looking for a front man, check out this link for info
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75289467

Advertisement