Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A few high key portraits for crit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

For a first attempt they're not bad. Just a few of tips. Try and get the subject at least 7 or 8 feet from the background to avoid spill. Though a little spill is not too undesirable. You could try and frame these a little better, allowing room at the bottom for shadow or reflection. Go wide enough to capture the whole subject and crop later to taste.

For the ultimate tutorial on how to do seamless white, check out the Zack Arias blog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 farwood

my favorite is the second picture...the one with the jumping girl...love the action!

a few tipps from my opinion:

I always try not to let the model hide a hand behind its back. looks like a handicap .... even though its okay with the first pose...but leter on theres is one picture, where she hides it.

and:
    always try to lit up the eyes! the has to be (in my opinien ;) ) lively light in the eyes...specially of a teenager!

also, give a litte light from above or the back onto the hair....makes it shiny and gorgeous!

but I really like your shots! Its hard working with teens, as their are in that special age when their aren't self confident enough to act in front of a camera and seem to be shy and evrything.... sometimes you really have to spend a lot of effort in animation :D

Rock on!

Nina

Advertisement