Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals & Voucher Codes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

GAMETIME22 code will get you 22% off on Nike site. Big saving on the Next %

Toyed with the idea of buying the Next%. Decided to press the button and the code has expired. Holding on for Black Friday now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭MY BAD

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Firstly a lot of people are of the opinion that it's the stack height and type of foam used that are the bigger components in efficiency improvements. The carbon plate is also in the Fly FK and it's not a record breaking shoe..
    Am I right in saying the Pegasus turbo 2 use the Zoom X foam and the same stack as the Next % just no carbon plate? Different uppers too but that wouldn't make a massive difference. The foam in the Fly FK is React foam.
    In terms of gimmicks anyone remember the Rebok pump shoes around the early 90s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Itziger

If the shoes are anywhere near as fast as the delivery of them, then I'm onto a good thing.

Ordered 'em yesterday, got 'em today at lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

Anybody see any good deals yet on garmin fenix 6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

jrby wrote: »

Am looking for same but I think this is the barren period until Black Friday. If memory serves me correctly, and it doesn't always, then that weekend Garmin normally discount their watches. Let's see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Here are a few links that might be handy:

DCR BF deals
    Wiggle Garmin deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Forerunner 45 for €150 including postage from littlewoods Ireland.

Use code 10Foryou to get 10 euro back from the advertised price of €159

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/garmin-garmin-forerunner-45s-gps-running-watch-with-garmin-coach-training-plan-support-small/1600404448.prd?_requestid=623789&Ntt=forerunner 45

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭healy1835

40% off with BF40 on the Reebok site. Got a nice pair of split shorts for myself and runners for healy1835 jnr for less than 30quid :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

healy1835 wrote: »
    Got a nice pair of split shorts for myself

Paired with a nice pair of heels, you’ll look fabulous!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

40% off with BF40 on the Reebok site. Got a nice pair of split shorts for myself and runners for healy1835 jnr for less than 30quid :)

Do the shorts have pockets and an inside layer?

• Advertisement

Do the shorts have pockets and an inside layer?

Nope. Not a lot in them.

https://www.reebok.ie/boston-track-club-3-inch-shorts/DY8307.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Well it has happened here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Startfitness blackfriday started today. Some good deals, got about 35 euro off my runners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/adidas-black-friday-early-access-sale-up-to-50-off-extra-30-off-with-code-199-delivery-free-on-25-spend-at-adidas-3336517

Got two pairs of ADIZERO ADIOS 4 SHOES for 127 pounds. Needed to use uk site and parcel motel but I am happy with around 75 euro a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Klopp

I am torn between the Garmin 735xt and FR945. I like the FR945, it has Spotify, coaching and a bigger screen, looks nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Polar-Unisexs-Vantage-Multisport-Watch/dp/B07G8GH4DN

Polar Vantage V for £232. Massive discount.
    I'm sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Polar-Unisexs-Vantage-Multisport-Watch/dp/B07G8GH4DN

Polar Vantage V for £232. Massive discount.
    I'm sold
    Reviews aren't great though. I was nearly ready to pull the trigger unitl I read them.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Reviews aren't great though. I was nearly ready to pull the trigger unitl I read them.

Depends where you read them :)
    DC Rainmaker seemed good with it.
    I'm in a dispute with Garmin and their brutal reliability (for me at least) so happy to jump ship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Garmin 645 Music is down to 230 in Argos at the moment, very good price.

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Garmin 645 Music is down to 230 in Argos at the moment, very good price.

Cheers pal. Was hoping Santa would bring me the 245 or this, pending Black Friday discount of course :) had been watching the prices like a hawk the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Itziger

Lot of talk here about watches. A question for ye then, What's a decent watch - not bargain basement/crappy - but a good watch that doesn't do music/altimetre/water-proof and all the extras? None of those things interest me.

I'm falling out of love with Garmin a bit, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭py

Itziger wrote: »
    Lot of talk here about watches. A question for ye then, What's a decent watch - not bargain basement/crappy - but a good watch that doesn't do music/altimetre/water-proof and all the extras? None of those things interest me.

Take a read of the Garmin 235 reviews. It's a few years old at this stage but should tick all the boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Same as, my good lady spent decent money on a Garmin in February for me that currently keeps telling me i’m close to having a heat attack on any run I do!!!!

Just wanted a watch with music.......enjoy listening to a few podcasts on some easy/recovery runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Just wanted a watch with music.......enjoy listening to a few podcasts on some easy/recovery runs.

I'd have been tempted by that offer but already have the basic 645 which does me fine if I'm honest although not having to carry the phone to listen to podcasts would be appealing. Maybe the Garmin 655 this time next year :)

Nike Vaporfly 4% down to 175 on Nike's website, in both mens and womens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Nike Vaporfly 4% down to 175 on Nike's website, in both mens and womens.

Unless stock is limited, I’d hold on for Friday.

corcaigh07 wrote: »

Would find it very odd if they further discounted them on Friday. Who knows tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Would find it very odd if they further discounted them on Friday. Who knows tho.

Black Friday, everyone loses their senses. Nike was one of the better sales last Black Friday, my best pickup was Pegasus 35s for 58 quid, over half price.

• Advertisement

Anyone see any garmin fenix 5 deals yet?

Anyone see any garmin fenix 5 deals yet?

Actually meant to say Fenix 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

corcaigh07 wrote:

150 quid now

Rats, only tiny sizes left

Rats, only tiny sizes left

Up to a Size 10 left in the orange.

Up to a Size 10 left in the orange.

I'm an 11 :(

• Advertisement

ADDON30 brings the 4% down to 122 quid

That's some price......

healy1835 wrote:
    That's some price......

I caved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

I caved

Me too. Thanks for heads up Swashbuckler and Damo

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Aggghhhhh, I can't bring another pair of shoes into the house. Think i will stick with my carbon X's.
    You can also get the vomeros for €68.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

I sold out too.. I’ll be in the clown shoes in couple of weeks.

My very kind wife has offered to pay for themfor Xmas. I think that's now 5 Nikes and four Adidas I have

I sold out too.. I’ll be in the clown shoes in couple of weeks.

And here I am with actual clown feet and I can't get a pair to fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Thanks Folks, just bought a pair for 122.48 Euro.

Must pick a race now, more money !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Sub430

Bah, sucked in too, at €123 I couldn't say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Managed to resist the urge to buy another pair of Pegasusesssesessss so will have to somehow make do with the 3 pairs I have :pac:

I did however buy an edgy urban transitional weather hooded jacket thingy which will sit nicely along my collection of edgy urban transitional weather hooded jackets

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dejanp

Pegasus in LifeStyleSports Dun Laoghaire @ 70€ all sizes. Their website says on sale for 80 so don't be fooled ;)
    stumbled on them pure luck as I was waiting for a bus :D

I might return for another pair... :heart: the blues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Two questions.

1. Used to run in Brooks Adrenaline GT's , have started running in New Balance Synact as they are 40 quid. Training for marathon in March. Is this the equivilant of putting second hand tyres on a car? i.e just because they are cheap , are they lesser quality? (trying to avoid injury)

2. Can anyone reccommend a stability shoe that they run in that is decent with a decent price (or discount code for site)

Thanks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

1. depends, some shoes just suit some people , so you may find the new balances fine, you may not and you may have stiffness and soreness and have to relegate them to walking around shoes, its happened to plenty of us ..
    keep an eye out in tkmaxx , i used to get adrenalines there fairly cheaply, or all the usual online shops..
    2. ive changed to saucony from adrenalines, just found the adrenalines too hard, although im told that the newer versions have softened somewhat, saucony guides, if you check out startfitness, sportshoes, sweatshop etc, you can usualy get either last years model or sometimes even the earlier season model discounted, unfortunately very few runners are what anyone would consider cheap.. its all relative i guess .. people going mad on here for the nikes cos there reduced from really expensive to still fairly expensive ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

woody1 wrote: »
    1. depends, some shoes just suit some people , so you may find the new balances fine, you may not and you may have stiffness and soreness and have to relegate them to walking around shoes, its happened to plenty of us ..
    keep an eye out in tkmaxx , i used to get adrenalines there fairly cheaply, or all the usual online shops..
    2. ive changed to saucony from adrenalines, just found the adrenalines too hard, although im told that the newer versions have softened somewhat, saucony guides, if you check out startfitness, sportshoes, sweatshop etc, you can usualy get either last years model or sometimes even the earlier season model discounted, unfortunately very few runners are what anyone would consider cheap.. its all relative i guess .. people going mad on here for the nikes cos there reduced from really expensive to still fairly expensive ..

Thanks appreciate the response. Will have a look for sure

• Advertisement
Advertisement