Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Questions re switching back

• 27-04-2011 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭

HI

I'm considering switching back to ESB Electric Ireland.

I'm with Airtricity on their budget plan with direct debit etc. My 12 months discount is up with them. However with their budget plan my bill only comes every 6 months, Would I be better to switch when my next bill is issued in July? I calculate I'm in credit a good bit with them currently.

Do Esb Electric Ireland offer a budget plan option with the discounts, or is it just pay the bill by direct debit when it comes? I like paying a fixed amount monthly. It's convienent and when I was with ESB previously always had the budget plan then.

If I move over both fuels, I have my Gas with Flogas do I get one bill for both together? with flogas or are they seperate would hate to get one massive bill for both in winter

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Patrick,

With ESB Electric Ireland, the Supersaver offers the highest discount (for electricity and gas together) but in order to avail of it you would need to set up a direct debit. However, if you do this, you can manually pay amounts that suit any time at your own convenience, via the Easypay card, which can be posted out to the customer once an ESB Electric Ireland account is set up. This gives you the means to greatly reduce the direct debit that goes out when billing time comes - or even eliminate it all together.

But we would need to have your direct debit details on the system.

You would receive a gas bill and an electricity bill separately. Gas and electricity would have separate account numbers also.

Finally for now, with regards to your Airtricity account: you do not need to wait for the bill - you can close it when you like, and pay any balance when doing so. Or if the account is in credit, you can have that refunded to you.

Regards :)
    Una

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

Hi Patrick,

With ESB Electric Ireland, the Supersaver offers the highest discount (for electricity and gas together) but in order to avail of it you would need to set up a direct debit. However, if you do this, you can manually pay amounts that suit any time at your own convenience, via the Easypay card, which can be posted out to the customer once an ESB Electric Ireland account is set up. This gives you the means to greatly reduce the direct debit that goes out when billing time comes - or even eliminate it all together.

But we would need to have your direct debit details on the system.

You would receive a gas bill and an electricity bill separately. Gas and electricity would have separate account numbers also.

Finally for now, with regards to your Airtricity account: you do not need to wait for the bill - you can close it when you like, and pay any balance when doing so. Or if the account is in credit, you can have that refunded to you.

Regards :)
    Una

hi Una

Thanks for that

Paying by direct debit is not a problem as we do this currently, Can you transfer money electronically monthly instead of going to the post office with the easypay card instead?

We would prefer to pay a set amount each month and it generally levels over the year, but is easier if can be done online through inteenet banking etc.

Thanks

Hi again Patrick,

No problem. Yes, you can indeed make payments into the ESB Electric Ireland account online by debit card or online banking.

Here is the payment methods page.

Una

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

Hi again Patrick,

No problem. Yes, you can indeed make payments into the ESB Electric Ireland account online by debit card or online banking.

Here is the payment methods page.

Una

excellent I'll make the switch back soon so :) thanks a million

You're welcome Patrick. What you will need is your bank account and sort code, and have an Airtricity bill to hand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement