Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing moss, weeds and feed lawn

Options
  • 27-04-2011 10:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

1) Ok my poor lawn is enveloped in daisies, dandelions and thistles. I want to use Hytrol Lawn weedkiller to kill these.

2) It also has alot of moss so I want to use sulphate of iron to kill this.

3) Finally I wish to give the lawn a boost by using 10-10-20 give it a kick.

Instead of applying 1) & 2) together and waiting for a few weeks for 3) should I just bite the bullet and purchase the all in one Weedkiller-Lawn feed you see in garden centres? (although this will set me back nearly 200 euro whilst buying them seperately will cost 60-70euro)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

Woodies have a weed and fee product called Evergreen Complete 400 that costs about 40 bucks and will do about 400m2. Then use a lawn repair seed for areas with little grass cover.

I used the above a couple of years ago since then I put out dried chicken sh*t just before a lot of rain is forecast. not a lot just a dusting, the rain washes it into the ground and what ever is left over is picked up by the lawnmower the next time I cut the grass. By drying I mean putting it in buckets and keeping the rain off it for a couple of months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

LK_Dave wrote: »
    Woodies have a weed and fee product called Evergreen Complete 400 that costs about 40 bucks and will do about 400m2. Then use a lawn repair seed for areas with little grass cover.

I used the above a couple of years ago since then I put out dried chicken sh*t just before a lot of rain is forecast. not a lot just a dusting, the rain washes it into the ground and what ever is left over is picked up by the lawnmower the next time I cut the grass. By drying I mean putting it in buckets and keeping the rain off it for a couple of months.

How did the Evergreen work for you? Would you recommend it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

almighty1 wrote: »
    How did the Evergreen work for you? Would you recommend it?

Yes i would. However I make a balls of it the first time, I used one of those push spreaders and emptied the whole bag on about 1/8 of the area i wanted to cover. So I just did it by hand and redid the areas I missed once I could see the weeds dying - took about a week.

Another time I used a spray called Grazeon 90 (neighbour had a bottle and gave me some) - worked great on docks the first time I used it but was not so happy with the second attempt.

Advertisement