Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education Grant

Options
  • 27-04-2011 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any idea on any grants that are available to people undertaking GEM

For example, has anyone availed of the Back To Education Allowance ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Put simply there aren't any state grants. Dole during the holidays may be an option however.

I investigated BTEA at the time of starting and while I don't remember the details exactly, I don't think it applies to someone going back to get a second degree.

I remember asking in the Social Welfare about applying for it and the girl looked briefly at my info and said there was no chance I'd qualify. She laughed quite heartily iirc.

There is a grant available in UL GEM for people from certain social backgrounds. Only one or two get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

MicraBoy wrote: »
    . Dole during the holidays may be an option however.
    You can't do that anymore,it's social welfare fraud if you do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

You can't do that anymore,it's social welfare fraud if you do now.

Well if you tell them you are in education that's hardly fraud. All I know is that people are doing it (and they are producing letters from the Uni stating term dates, so no fraud going on), add to that I was told by the social welfare people I was entitled to do it this summer based on my contributions from working.

Advertisement