Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gatso van

• 27-04-2011 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Just opposite Harvey Norman . 10.35 am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

They not a thread for the gatso van already on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

One hasn't the time to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

So much for the tv ad, that they will be in an accident black spot, across from Harvey Norman is not an ABS :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Heathen wrote: »
    Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money

BATMAN!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

STIG83 wrote: »
    So much for the tv ad, that they will be in an accident black spot, across from Harvey Norman is not an ABS :confused:
    Neither is by genzyme or parnell street.........actually I dont think ive ever seen them at a black spot :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

that must be one of the garda owned ones, was it red?

No very much white.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

I set up a group over on Facebook for people to post where they see the vans.
    Comes in handy sometimes :)
    Join it http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2068736758202&id=1238320530#!/home.php?sk=group_187578537951160&ap=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Neither is by genzyme or parnell street.........actually I dont think ive ever seen them at a black spot :confused:

Not sure about it being a black spot but I've so far seen them in one place that I'd consider dangerous and that was on the Orchardstown road to Tramore last Sunday night. Every other time they're opposite Collins Avenue or McDonald's or somewhere equally stupid.

• Advertisement

Speed camera report dunmore road near bell lake 10.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

outside harvey norman isnt a speed camera position I thought, it isnt outlined on the garda.ie location map.... wonder what it was doing there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

outside harvey norman isnt a speed camera position I thought, it isnt outlined on the garda.ie location map.... wonder what it was doing there

If it's the actual Garda Gatso van, it can be used anywhere. If it's one of the privfately operated ones, it can only be used on the stretches of road outlined on that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

Woodlands today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,691 ✭✭✭✭looksee

On the Tramore Road (80kph section). Must have been very boring for them as all the traffic was flashing warnings and doing about 60!

While I support speed control I did feel that the traffic - which was travelling in convoys as the leaders were warned there was something ahead - was driving nervously and erratically, which rather defeated the purpose.

I find those signs that tell you what speed you are doing are much more helpful and I do respond to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

theres been a few times when meself and the lads would be out spinning, bored as you do. we'd drive in the airport road to town and back out the dunmore road to dunmore east and there'd be no sign on the gatso van. honestly ive only ever met that van 2 or 3 times and id be driving in and out to town a couple of times a week.
    Is it the same van that covers tramore/butlerstown/airport road/kilmeadan/dunmore road or are they just not doing the 24 hours thing properly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Did I hear an ad the other day that said the vans are only in places where people died due to excessive speed?

I don't remember any excessive speed accident fatalities at Earlscourt petrol station..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Trotter wrote: »
    Did I hear an ad the other day that said the vans are only in places where people died due to excessive speed?

I don't remember any excessive speed accident fatalities at Earlscourt petrol station..

Minus the speed. Just where people were killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

It was putside genzyme this morning at 6-30am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Time to complain to the ASAI, misleading ad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Time to complain to the ASAI, misleading ad.

I'm not sure it would be classed as advertising tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

Hidden just past dual carriageway @ rhu glen last nite. 100 dwn to - 60km zone,
    Shootin fish in a barrel....

This is what pisses people off when they know there are in a area that has a sudden and unusual drop in speed limit . Do they ever catch people doing 120 in a 100 kph zone!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

decies wrote: »
    Just opposite Harvey Norman . 10.35 am

there this afternoon again today 14:00 - 14:30 approx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Oh yes, that well-known accident blackspot...

Those ads on the telly should be withdrawn. Full of lies.

Vans placed on roads that have killed people. Crap.

Speed is the biggest cause of road deaths - untrue.

How do they expect people to respect the rule of law if they enforce it with lies and subterfuge?

A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I totally agree AND I never speed, honestly. I'm used to driving company cars or driving with workmates, I'd be screwed if I ever got points.

I see so many people breaking the law and these guys are shooting fish in a barrel. What a waste of resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I've never been so bored.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

alinton wrote: »
    Oh yes, that well-known accident blackspot...

Speed is the biggest cause of road deaths - untrue.

A.

if it isnt what is?? seatbelts? poor training? dodgy roads?

the main reason for the decrease in rd's imo , is the opening of the upgraded motorways taking traffic out of villages and dangerous roads networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Hoffmans wrote: »
    if it isnt what is?? seatbelts? poor training? dodgy roads?

the main reason for the decrease in rd's imo , is the opening of the upgraded motorways taking traffic out of villages and dangerous roads networks.

And now their talkin about tolling them!! watch everyone go back to the originall road then..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Hoffmans wrote: »

And we charge extra to use the safe roads.

Advertisement