Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gatso van

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Speed van in that well-known accident black spot opposite Collins Avenue yet again last night. Joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Hoffmans wrote: »
    if it isnt what is?? seatbelts? poor training? dodgy roads?

the main reason for the decrease in rd's imo , is the opening of the upgraded motorways taking traffic out of villages and dangerous roads networks.

Spot on!!

I have been saying this for ages.. they attribute the decrease in road deaths to the "success of emptying peoples pockets" when its obvious that the new motorways are the real success here.. Typical Irish propaganda!!

con artists is all they are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Usual place on tramore road last night 10.30 pm . Cars were crawling along .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I just cant understand why the old kilmeaden road is only a 50km zone.

It doesnt make sense. The NRA would want to get the finger out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Just saw a Garda car out on the bypass near Kilmeaden, have a bad feeling im caught too, :mad: was doing 65 when i saw them in the distance, but yet they didnt chase after me, maybe im ok?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

STIG83 wrote: »
    Just saw a Garda car out on the bypass near Kilmeaden, have a bad feeling im caught too, :mad: was doing 65 when i saw them in the distance, but yet they didnt chase after me, maybe im ok?

Depends if they were using a camera on a tripod. That takes a picture of your reg.

The guard was on the side of the road with the gun, he was holding it, it wasnt on a tripod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

The guard was on the side of the road with the gun, he was holding it, it wasnt on a tripod.

Your in the clear so - they have to come after you and physically stop you :)

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Your in the clear so - they have to come after you and physically stop you :)

Hopefully, i dont fancy getting penalty points again!!

Hopefully, i dont fancy getting penalty points again!!

Yeah I had the same situation before with a certain well known guard - they have to stop you

• Advertisement

Yeah I had the same situation before with a certain well known guard - they have to stop you

My brother in law got points lately, he was doing 55 in a 50 zone, it was the Gatso van that caught him, no tolerance for 5 km.

My brother in law got points lately, he was doing 55 in a 50 zone, it was the Gatso van that caught him, no tolerance for 5 km.
    Gatso vans seem to have a law of there own lol - Guards with speed guns i meant.
    Supposedly a Cd stuck to the windscreen back end up is meant to stop them from reading the speed (gatsos) - not sure of the logic behind them of how it works

Gatso vans seem to have a law of there own lol - Guards with speed guns i meant.
    Supposedly a Cd stuck to the windscreen back end up is meant to stop them from reading the speed (gatsos) - not sure of the logic behind them of how it works

The gun bounces off the reflection on the cd? I never heard that one, only one i heard was to put varnish on the number plate, makes it shiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

And unfortunately none of those things work :)

And unfortunately none of those things work :)

Damn!! i shouldnt have bought that can of varnish now!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 22Elbows

My friend said that the CD in the back window works, but it has to be an original copy of the single "Who let the Dogs Out" by the Ba-Ha.

So unless its that CD, forget about it.
    Its not gonna work!!!

22Elbows wrote: »
    My friend said that the CD in the back window works, but it has to be an original copy of the single "Who let the Dogs Out" by the Ba-Ha.

So unless its that CD, forget about it.
    Its not gonna work!!!

I doubt it works to be honest :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AsanteSamuel22

I heard that if you hang all 8 cd's from the 'best of 50's motown' collection across the reg plate this will render useless!
    only hear'say now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

Is the camera only pointing out the back of the van?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

kano476 wrote: »
    Is the camera only pointing out the back of the van?

Yup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

have seen a van with the camers set up in the front aswell in town here,,like a two way traffic van to say

have seen a van with the camers set up in the front aswell in town here,,like a two way traffic van to say

Really? The marked vans? Iv only ever known the vans to have one rear facing camera, that can capture both ways.

Advertisement