Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Camps

Options
  • 27-04-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Anybody know of interesting summer camps on the eastside of the city ideally for young fella , free ones would be amazing !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Good camp here and one of the cheapest around:

http://www.christiancampofthearts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Slightly off the subject but I think the scouts are a terrific organisation (if you can get your child in, easier if you agree to be a scout leader), they're really affordable and I'm only sorry that not only did I sign up my lad a little late (he did get a year out of it), but he left as he was going into secondary school.

Scouts (and guides and brownies etc.) are really affordable (a couple of euro per week) and I think they're the reason that my young fella (now a young man) can cook.... and he taught me, his oul ma, how to pitch a tent properly.

Anyway, he loved camping with them and I got an unexpected couple of days break and he had a ball!! I can't speak highly enough about them.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Anybody know of interesting summer camps on the eastside of the city ideally for young fella , free ones would be amazing !!!!
    How old is he? I know Hipkidz do summer camps, but its for younger children mostly, and not free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dubltrbl

Depending on age and hobbies etc there are quite a few summer camps around. I always think Summer camps should be about trying out new things though so perhaps something that would introduce him to new hobbies etc..
    Depending on your location and how easy it is for you to travel there's the likes of www.gleesummer.com in Ballinasloe (dont need experience) or try www.schooldays.ie for a list of other camps.

With regards to price, some Summer camps are overpriced and others are well I would say suspiciously underpriced (check the quality of what you are getting, are staff garda vetted all that!) Summer camps can be cheaper than baby sitters for a week and your kids get something out of it too.
    Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭darraghking22

http://powersoccer.ie/

would recomend these, a friend works with them. if your young lad likes football than this would be the best thing ever.

pro qualified coaches. not bad prices either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Savin

The Corrib Canoe courses opposite the Cathedral are back in action for the month of July http://corribcanoe.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭moldypeach

There is a new summer camp set up in east county galway between corrandulla and claregalway but i'm not sure if it's a bit far out.

www.switchonclubs.com

It's an electronics summer camp for kids

Advertisement