Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

175 Application with baby on the way

Options
  • 27-04-2011 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just looking for some advice on the 175 skilled migration visa regarding its expiration etc.

Ive recently been gathering the documentation for the skills assessment (Software developer) and im just about there. I was planning on sending it off in the next couple of weeks.

My wife and I have just found out she is pregnant with our first child and i'm wondering what our options are now.

We will definitely be having the baby in Ireland and then possible head over to Oz in the future.

I'm wondering should I still go ahead with the application as I have 5 years to play with?

I hear it could take up to 18 months for the whole thing to go through and as far as I know as long as we went over with at least 2 years left on our visa this would then qualify us for the Resident Return Visa (RRV).

Is this correct?

Any advice would be appreciated.

bigbadcon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

Congrats on the baby.

I can't see how your options have changed. You can just add the baby to your application when it is born.

I would still go ahead with the application. Chances are that you will be still waiting for your visa when the baby is born. Getting PR give you all opportunites for the future. Australia is a great place to bring up children.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Thanks for that ellaq.

Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

Hi
    You can add the new baby to the application if it is still pending but if they grant it to you and the baby is born the week after unfortunately you will have to do a whole new application for the baby, which could mean new police checks for you and your wife. The baby will have to get a medical aswell (but not x-rayed).

If you have to apply for the baby it will cost about 1000 euro plus the medical about 100 euro I think.

We stupidly thought we could just add our new baby to our visa but as it had already been granted, we had to apply for a whole new visa, I think it was called child visa 101.
    Be careful with the timing if the baby is almost due and they ask for meds and police checks for you and your wife, try and delay them a bit till the baby is born so then you can notify the case officer BEFORE they grant your visa that you have a new baby to add to the application.

We had to get new police checks done as our original ones had expired, they can be valid for 6 or 12 months so be careful with that too. It was a lot of hassle with all the new paperwork, we lived in different countries too so we had to get police checks from those places all over again.

The medical for the baby is simple enough, our baby was 5 days old when we got it done in the Mater, they just weigh them and give a quick general look over, no bloods or x-rays. We also had our flights booked so that added stress to the last few months (and the bloody passport ffice was on strike too!!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Thanks for that man1.

Thats really good to know.

My wife is just one month pregnant at this stage so I might leave sending off the skills assessment for another month or so.

From what I hear that can take 3 months to come back and assuming it all goes well and I then send off for the visa which should take a minimum of 6 months I heard but usually more.

That should guarantee that even if they process our application really fast the baby would be born and put on the application while it is in process.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Confused_73

We're in a very similar situation, except we already have 1 child

If I was you I would not wait around at all. Get your application in ASAP. By the time you get the Skills Assessment completed and get your visa ready to go, your wife could then be 6 months pregnant

And the visa application will take a long time to process, so the longer you wait the longer, the longer you will delay

Just add the baby to the application after it is born.

• Advertisement
Advertisement