Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ESBEI offering wall insulation?

• 27-04-2011 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi,

A radio advert played this morning in which I thought I heard that ESBEI are offering an external home wall insulation service from around €4,000.

At the moment, I can't find any obvious reference to it on the ESB website. Is this correct? If so, is a grant available for this work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Bazzer2,

The add mentions €4k available in the form of a grant from SEAI (the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland). I've located the FAQ section on their website for you, which outlines all the grants available and how you would go about applying for them.

The actual cost of an external wall job depends on the size of the property and the number of walls to be insulated. For ball park purposes, a three bed semi-detached property would typically cost in or about €12k (incl. VAT).

Further information on the HALO service mentioned in the add can be found here.

We offer advice and free quotes on what energy-saving steps you can take to improve your home, and we can also install a wide range of energy efficiency upgrades including:

[*]Heating
      [*]Attic Insulation
      [*]Wall Insulation
      [*]Windows
      [*]Building Energy Rating (BER)
      [*]Heat Recovery & Demand-Control Ventilation
      [*]Solar Technologies
      [*]Air Source Heat Pumps
      If you have any more questions we'll be happy to help out.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement