Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web visitor tracker.

Options
  • 27-04-2011 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this but...

Is there any tool out there that can track & summarise a user's visit to a website using the Apache logs? In other words, showing each page from their point of entry (including the referering page) until their visit ended.

I know there are plenty of stats generators out there, but I am looking to be able to drill down to individual visitors. I could just trawl through the raw logs but I have a lot of data to check and I'm thinking it could make my eyes turn to mush...

Prefereably freeware ;)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Google Analytics is your only man! Forget the logs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Google Analytics seems to miss out on an awful lot... Other sources say my site gets way more hits than Google Analytics says...

How are you loading it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

It's a wordpress site - using the "Ultimate Google Analytics" plugin

You might want to think about loading it manually using the async method and loading it early on the page in order to get a high catch rate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement