Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

( LCVP ) Link Modules exam !!!???

• 27-04-2011 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Does anyone got any predictions from teachers ????

What is comming up ? My teacher said that case study questions will be very hard as the case study itself is easy.
    She said to learn SWOT analysis .... but i think it is not enough. Any thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lydsom

our teacher said to know about business plans too..like what goes into them and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

To be honest I find you can't go wrong on the whole exam with a bit of common sense and general knowledge of the terms used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

I'm not saying I will go wrong on whole exam. I just need distinction... thats all :)

I got 85% on the written exam for the marks. Just basically go through past papers, and pick out stuff into certain sections like enterprise, teamwork, SWOT, etc, and you'll start to see a pattern with how they ask the questions.

I got 83% on my mocks but they were checked in school and I think the examinators will mark them much harder. Generaly I am a repeating student and last year I was prepared really well to my exam and I knew every single answer to questions in part C. I had a few problems with audio visual and case study but finally I answered them (i think) quite good. on the end I got merit and I was looking for distinction .... a bit disappointing, but what could I do . My portfolio is 200/240 so it is 83% I need to get at least 76% from written exam and I'm terrified !! This is why I wanted to know a bit more about case study !! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CKehoe

For the Case Study our teacher got us to highlight words that we found difficult, lcvp words and business words and got us to write a bit on them. We also did a SWOT analysis, a POP analysis she also gave us just random questions on things like diversification/expansion if she expands what staff she needs, Health and Safety issues, how she can evaluate the success of the business, How to raise finance, importance of business plan, dangers of Recession. I know i've wrote a lot but it might help. She also told us some predictions for the actual exam.

thants CKehoe. Its actually not a lot to revise. It helps me much, thanks again. can u share with us the predictions with acutal exam ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

CKehoe wrote: »
    POP analysis

What's a POP analysis?

What's a POP analysis?

actually i don't know myself what is it. ihave to ask my teacher tomorow what is it and how to do it !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CKehoe

szybki wrote: »
    thants CKehoe. Its actually not a lot to revise. It helps me much, thanks again. can u share with us the predictions with acutal exam ?

Sorry haven't beeen on for those who haven;t done the exam, career investigation, visit out, enterprise activity came up I can't remember after that. I avoided Q3 and 4 like the plage they were horrible overall it was an ok exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

do you still wana know what i think will come up ???:p oj...twas a grand exam all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

I thought it was handy enough!
    No SWOT, I was delighted!

The video was grand, they've often asked much more awkward questions..

If I remember correctly the 6 General Questions were, in no order

My Own Place
    Enterprise Report
    Action Plan
    Work Experience
    Some thing on employment and trade unions
    Career Investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JamesDundalk

szybki wrote: »
    I got 83% on my mocks but they were checked in school and I think the examinators will mark them much harder. Generaly I am a repeating student and last year I was prepared really well to my exam and I knew every single answer to questions in part C. I had a few problems with audio visual and case study but finally I answered them (i think) quite good. on the end I got merit and I was looking for distinction .... a bit disappointing, but what could I do . My portfolio is 200/240 so it is 83% I need to get at least 76% from written exam and I'm terrified !! This is why I wanted to know a bit more about case study !! ;)

I'm a repeat student too, I got a distinction the first time I done it. I found the written paper much harder this year though. Just wondering how do you find out your mark of what you got in your portfolio?? Did you get a distinction overall last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beware

In the LCVP exam do you have to use headings for each answer? A friend told me that you do, but I didn't know that till AFTER the exam, so am I going to lose a load of marks? I was really hoping for a distinction :( .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Beware wrote: »
    In the LCVP exam do you have to use headings for each answer? A friend told me that you do, but I didn't know that till AFTER the exam, so am I going to lose a load of marks? I was really hoping for a distinction :( .

Yes, you write a bullet point, then expand, then give an example if needed.
    Some easy 4 mark questions just ask to list things, then you dont need bullet points.
    Usually there are 3 marks for every relevant point made. 1 mark for the heading, 1 mark for the actual point, 1 mark for an example/additional point made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I actually ran out of time :L
    And I didnt fill up all the space or anything .. oops.
    Not counting it so I dont really care, but was kinda embarassing.
    Audio visual was easy I thought.
    Case study was fine apart from the last question .. something about 2 agencies and the finance section of a meeting?
    General were tricky enough.
    I didnt stufy but think I bull****ted my way through it okay enough .:)

Advertisement