Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Industrial Vacuum

• 27-04-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can hire a large vaccum cleaner?

I need it to get large 'S' styrofoam parts out of my attic. They're too big to be sucked up by a normal hoover, the tube just gets instantly blocked.

So the bigger the tube and the bigger the bag is the better, as there are thousands of them and I need them out of the attic so I can insulate it properly!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

why do u need to remove them?

with what will u replace them?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Carlow52 wrote: »
    why do u need to remove them?

with what will u replace them?

they are a potential fire hazard and are useless as insulation (previous owner must have thought they work as insulation)

and i'm looking into getting spray foam insulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

fair enough, have u tried the hire shops
    u will have difficulty getting a big vac up in the attic, si u may need multiple hoses which will kill the performance..
    Is there fiberglass underneath or is it all poly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Sam Hire among other places do them

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Carlow52 wrote: »
    fair enough, have u tried the hire shops
    u will have difficulty getting a big vac up in the attic, si u may need multiple hoses which will kill the performance..
    Is there fiberglass underneath or is it all poly?

no, theres no fiberglass underneath.

• Advertisement
Advertisement