Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New car/house insurance levy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

We did exactly the same thing for PMPA a number of years back. Nothing unusual in a Government levy on Insurance. Would you rather be left high and dry if your insurer went bust? I don't like the idea of bailing Quinn out but in reality I'm paying to protect the policy holders and contributiing to the Insurance Compensation Fund, in case other companies get into trouble or I have an accident involving an uninsured driver.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

pog it wrote: »
    Just in case people haven't heard about this new levy on car/house insurance, basically all 'non-life' insurance products.

http://www.newstalk.ie/2011/news/5consumer-group-criticises-new-insurance-levy-plan21/

This is unacceptable and if Irish people don't rebel at this news, I'm giving up on this country.

So, what are you going to do about it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

parsi wrote: »
    So, what are you going to do about it ?

What I have done in the past:

Protest.

Of course there will be a minority of us as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Thought there was always a tax on car insurance

Protest.

Does the fact that you did so in the past and that there will be few people with you not tell you something?

Maybe most people realise it needs to be done, or that less than €10 per annum on motor insurance is of little consequence in the overall scheme of things.

• Advertisement

Does the fact that you did so in the past and that there will be few people with you not tell you something?

Maybe most people realise it needs to be done.

Just like most people voted FF and liked Bertie Ahern once upon a time is it?

You may be happy to pay but not all of us are that easily led.

Just like most people voted FF and liked Bertie Ahern once upon a time is it?

You may be happy to pay but not all of us are that easily led.

A. Most did not vote FF - Check your stats for % share of total vote in the past 2 elections - anyway off topic.

B. Where did I say I was happy to pay the levy? Quite the opposite in fact but I know proportion and reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Protest.

this will be a 1% levy ... the historic levy is in the region of 3% !!!!

The protest should be directed at those who are employed by the Quinn group and feel that Mr Quinn himself should be back at the helm !!!!! considering it was him alone who gambled the future of all his employees and a great wedge of the nations wealth for personal gain .. i'd be looking to lynch him .. not re-appoint him !!!!

Not all protests are correct .......

Ah yes, quite the response I half expected but had hoped would not come about.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Protest.

Cool.

So when/where will this protest be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Ah yes, quite the response I half expected but had hoped would not come about.

What would you prefer. Paying a little extra on your insurance or someone being left destitute after being hit by a person "insured" by Quinn group?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Trampas

it is will just end up been there long after it is needed for quinn.

ici and pmpa is still there but gov just use it as part of the tax intake

Advertisement