Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfect 3

Options
  • 27-04-2011 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

What 3 shotguns would you consider the perfect all round combination for the shotgun shooting sportsmen in Ireland. And why?
    Mine or as follows for now.

1 12g Beretta 68 series Sporting O/U 30" barrels (for sporting clay pigeon)

2 12g Remington 870 Wingmaster pump 30" (Duck and pest species - Grey crow, Magpie etc..... I dont mind getting this gun wet, dirty or kicking it around so its ideal for blinds, bushes and such)

3 12g Remington 1100 semi 26" (Go to pheasant gun, ideal rough shooter, but i would like a slightly longer barrel... Half thinking of getting a lightweight beretta game gun instead with 28" or 30" barrels and possibly a 20 bore.)

These will cover Game birds. Pest species (Grey crow, magpie etc.) and Clays for me perfectly, but maybe there are better choices out there.
    For my budget, and all having been purchased second hand, these are the right tools for the job right now.

Opinions???
    What do you use now? and what would you like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

You never explained the reason for each one and a description of what they are exactly (O/U, Semi-auto, SXS) and why you need 3 shotguns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Breachloader

More specific description added above.
    As to why anyone would need more than one. Every job requires a differant tool. That is just my opinion of course.
    However if I was a serious compeditior at the clays I would buy two identical clay shotguns so I would always have a backup at competition.
    And I wouldn't dream of dragging those expensive competition guns through the woods, briars and bogs I so often find myself trudging through in search of Game.
    The number of guns a person can justify owning soon grows quite big.
    If only I had the money to buy them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

It's always about the money isn't it:) I was in island sports in castlebar last week and I nearly had to be dragged out of the gun room! I couldn't justify three shotguns for myself but I'm very happy with my Mossberg pump for climbing through the woods and bogs,and for falling all over the shore after duck,and for chasing foxes around the land at night. And a nice old light franchi 20g for hittin the hills for pheasant,woodcock and snipe. It does the job for the few times I shoot clays too.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

12G Over under or semi auto for clays and wildfowling
    16G Side by Side for walked up
    and every gun cabinet needs a .22

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭beretta686s

ive had my 686 now for abt 10 years now and its done everything shot thousands of clays god only knows how many duck pheasant woodcock snipe pigeoins rabbits every type of crow grey squirrel and an ass load of foxes u get the picture i dont think u could get a more perfect all round gun want to get a semi but i would feel like i was cheating on my baby u/o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Xplor.er

Blaser f3 O/U for clays
    beretta a400 semi-auto for game
    benelli supernova pump for vermin shooting

Advertisement