Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

thistles , nettles and docks

• 27-04-2011 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

what spray do i use ? and how much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

eagle is supposed to be good i think, no experience myself, think a small bottle is about 90 quid though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭padowado

Nettle ban....Ban dock etc etc.......these will also kill
    clover......clover makes its own Nitrogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

pastor... just rang my spray man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

MCPA for the thistles and nettles. Its safe on established clover. However, it will only stunt docks - so you'll have to do them with something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭stanflt

i use eagle on the docks

and i love using grazon 90 on a day like today-walking around in the sweltering sun topping up my red neck:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

used doxtar on docks last week, doing the job, supposed to go out again in autumn, only have trouble with thistles + nettles around ditches and going to use bandock (same active as scrub killer) for them. was going to use pastor but doxtar is easier on grass i was told (going out after grazing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭what happen

whelan1 wrote: »
    pastor... just rang my spray man
    i used the pastor it is good stuff it killed biars for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭leoch

will any of the above stuff kill braken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

leoch wrote: »
    will any of the above stuff kill braken

Asulox for bracken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 edmaur

HI JUST WONDERING WOULD ANYONE BE ABLE TO HELP ME I HAD A GENTLEMAN SPRAYING HIS LAND NEXT TO MY HOUSE AND I ASKED HIM WHAT HE WAS USING BECAUSE I HAVE 2 DOGS AND INCASE THEY GOT SICK I WOULD BE ABLE TELL THE VET WHAT HE WAS USING HE TOLD ME IT WAS SCRUB KILLER IS THIS THE ACTUAL NAME OF THE HERBICIDE OR IS IT JUST THE MAKE OF IT. WHAT EVER HE WAS USING THERE WAS A VERY STRING SMELL OF IT AND WITHING IN AN HOUR AND A HALF EVERYTHING WAS BURNED IN THE FIELD. ALL INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRIECIATED. :D THE PERSON WHO OWNS THIS LAND IS ALSO VERY OBNOXIOUS :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

edmaur wrote: »
    HI JUST WONDERING WOULD ANYONE BE ABLE TO HELP ME I HAD A GENTLEMAN SPRAYING HIS LAND NEXT TO MY HOUSE AND I ASKED HIM WHAT HE WAS USING BECAUSE I HAVE 2 DOGS AND INCASE THEY GOT SICK I WOULD BE ABLE TELL THE VET WHAT HE WAS USING HE TOLD ME IT WAS SCRUB KILLER IS THIS THE ACTUAL NAME OF THE HERBICIDE OR IS IT JUST THE MAKE OF IT. WHAT EVER HE WAS USING THERE WAS A VERY STRING SMELL OF IT AND WITHING IN AN HOUR AND A HALF EVERYTHING WAS BURNED IN THE FIELD. ALL INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRIECIATED. :D THE PERSON WHO OWNS THIS LAND IS ALSO VERY OBNOXIOUS :mad:

No need to worry. Weedkiller usually goes straight to the root. You say the grass has started to die off? Once the grass starts to whether it is totally safe. Dogs rarely eat grass anyhow, unless there's thunder on the way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

what burns stuff off in 1.5 hours? I could use some of that in the back garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

MCPA will burn thistles within 12 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

JohnBoy wrote: »
    what burns stuff off in 1.5 hours? I could use some of that in the back garden.

napalm ;)

Advertisement