Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds Delivery (Dublin)?!?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Here comes the rumours again! A facebook site just opened up offering McD delivery in the Dublin area with no link to the official McDonald's site. Can anyone in McDonald's confirm or deny this (more than likely deny) so I can tell everyone to not be so naive.

Odds on, if true, it'll be a load of lads who sit outside a branch and buy it for you and deliver a cold mess of a meal for a markup.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Mc-Donalds-Delivery-Dublin/126727317403239?sk=wall

You've just answered your own question.

I'd say it's complete and utter boll*cks. You'd get tv\paper\radio ads before any of this sh!t started happening.

I hope they don't deliver though. We're Americanized enough at it is! :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Yep pretty sure it's gonna be two lads with a car going to McDoanlds and then bringing it to you for what I assume will be a big enough fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

chin_grin wrote: »
    You've just answered your own question.
    True, the facebook page now has people who say they work in McDonald's who are denying it. Mods, if you could delete this thread it'd be great. All it is is pandering lies.

Twee. wrote: »
    Yep pretty sure it's gonna be two lads with a car going to McDoanlds and then bringing it to you for what I assume will be a big enough fee.

Thah'd be turty tree fih-hy boss. :pac:
    True, the facebook page now has people who say they work in McDonald's who are denying it. Mods, if you could delete this thread it'd be great. All it is is pandering lies.

Ah no, don't delete it. You're bringing us to the attention of (what could be) complete scammers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i saw a sign in supermacs in o connell street saying they deliver although the food is absolutely disgusting. maybe mc donalds are following suit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm amazed McDonalds haven't been in the delivery market for years. They'd make an absolute fortune, especially if they maintained prices, as a cheaper alternative to a 17 euro pizza!!

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I'm amazed McDonalds haven't been in the delivery market for years. They'd make an absolute fortune, especially if they maintained prices, as a cheaper alternative to a 17 euro pizza!!

Where the f*ck are you spending seventeen euro on a pizza? Pick up one of the Chicago Town takeaway ones for less than a fiver! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

in the middle east mc donalds deliver, as do burger king, baskin robbins and every other fast food joint going...

if there was no minimum fee i imagine i will order many milkshakes and fries...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Delivered Pizza. No pick up.

Domino's charge around 17 bucks for a medium size pizza delivered. Pure theft.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I thought of the idea myself one night as I left the drive thru, the markup you'd need to make it possible wouldn't make it viable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

If it were true it would be great news for the terminally obese and morbidly lazy..they could simply have thier disgusting slop delivered to thier homes and neednt venture out to upset the rest of us.

If it IS just two guys in a car i say fair play,people using thier inititive and conning mcdonalds in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Degsy wrote: »
    If it were true it would be great news for the terminally obese and morbidly lazy..they could simply have thier disgusting slop delivered to thier homes and neednt venture out to upset the rest of us.

If it IS just two guys in a car i say fair play,people using thier inititive and conning mcdonalds in the process.

How are they conning McDonalds? They go in, buy food and drive it to someone's house. Hardly the scam of the century.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭snickers

The thing about food delivery is most pizza delivery guys are employees of the franchise and are paid an hourly rate and are supposed to pay tax and chipper and chinese drivers are more like black economy workers they get a small basic and then make the rest on delivery charges and tips now mcdonalds are huge and would never trust a sub contractor to deliver its food they would be left wide open so it would have to be delivered by mcdonalds staff wich would mean a fleet of vehicles and insurance and marketing costs involved to make it possible would be so big it wouldnt make it viable so i really cant see mcds doing delivery in ireland anytime soon anyway mcds does not travel well imagine chowing down an hour plus old big mac delivered by some little turbo in his glanza no thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

sdonn wrote: »
    How are they conning McDonalds? They go in, buy food and drive it to someone's house. Hardly the scam of the century.

Yea its terrible conning mcdonalds into selling more meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Who cares if they're official or not? As long as the food arrives hot and they don't look for a credit card in advance it seems like a great idea.

Still, I might let someone else try it first.

snickers wrote: »
    The thing about food delivery is most pizza delivery guys are employees of the franchise and are paid an hourly rate and are supposed to pay tax and chipper and chinese drivers are more like black economy workers they get a small basic and then make the rest on delivery charges and tips now mcdonalds are huge and would never trust a sub contractor to deliver its food they would be left wide open so it would have to be delivered by mcdonalds staff wich would mean a fleet of vehicles and insurance and marketing costs involved to make it possible would be so big it wouldnt make it viable so i really cant see mcds doing delivery in ireland anytime soon anyway mcds does not travel well imagine chowing down an hour plus old big mac delivered by some little turbo in his glanza no thanks

Thats some sentence:D

hardCopy wrote: »
    Who cares if they're official or not? As long as the food arrives hot and they don't look for a credit card in advance it seems like a great idea.

Still, I might let someone else try it first.

You would want to live so close to mcdonalds for it to still be hot that you could just walk over yourself and get it.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    You would want to live so close to mcdonalds for it to still be hot that you could just walk over yourself and get it.

Pizza deliveries are kept warm in an insulated bag, I'm sure some enterprising folk could come up with an insulated/heated box for a McDonald's.

I'm sure it'll all go fine until they're asked to make a delivery to Revenue some day.

Pizza deliveries are kept warm in an insulated bag, I'm sure some enterprising folk could come up with an insulated/heated box for a McDonald's.

I'm sure it'll all go fine until they're asked to make a delivery to Revenue some day.

Pizzas have a bit of volume at least. The mac fries just dont have any substance, they`d cool in a minute or so and be soggy if sealed in an insulated container.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002332381374&sk=wall

These people have been delivering for weeks, I didn't order out of it myself but my neighbours have and a lot of my friends. Its stupid that you have to add them as a friend before. There phone number is a mobile which makes it look as if some person just got into their car and started delivering. They charge €3.50 delivery!!!

The phone number is 0862518007 if ya want it.

• Advertisement

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002332381374&sk=wall

These people have been delivering for weeks, I didn't order out of it myself but my neighbours have and a lot of my friends. Its stupid that you have to add them as a friend before. There phone number is a mobile which makes it look as if some person just got into their car and started delivering. They charge €3.50 delivery!!!

The phone number is 0862518007 if ya want it.

Weird, all you can see if you're not a friend is that Mesut Ozil is their favourite athlete!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Weird, all you can see if you're not a friend is that Mesut Ozil is their favourite athlete!

Even weirder is an anagram of Mesut Ozil is "Emu Zits Lo", which funnily enough is one of the ingredients to MacDonalds Caesar dressing*. Coincidence?

Citation Needed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Enterprising though they are, I don't think I'd ever use the services of anyone who spells quite so badly.

Jesus wept, he needs to go back to school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

You can see their wall and phone number without being a friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Delivered Pizza. No pick up.

Domino's charge around 17 bucks for a medium size pizza delivered. Pure theft.

Stump up an extra 3 euro and you can get two medium pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Enterprising though they are, I don't think I'd ever use the services of anyone who spells quite so badly.

Jesus wept, he needs to go back to school.
    Chapolizard
    :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Truth is out, McDonald's have distnaced themselves but haven't condoned it. I suppose it's more money for them so why not.

http://www.thejournal.ie/mcdonalds-distances-itself-from-facebook-based-dublin-delivery-service-128022-Apr2011/

Also, from the page, this gave me a serious case of the lulz :D:D:D

lz8fd.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I say fair play to the lads, its a good idea. BUT i cant see it lasting long. Im sure they are going to get nailed with lots of Prank calls and if they do they will be down a lot more money than a take away would.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

McDonalds food is cold by the time you get it from the counter to one of those moulded tables. It would be like ice if you got delevered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭LimeTime

Could have worked if it was KFC. I say that would keep warm longer.

Advertisement