Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I know this room, I've walked this floor - OpenOffice

• 27-04-2011 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭

Have a bit of a strange one. I've had openoffice 3 installed for a long time and realised a few months ago the spellcheck wasn't working, whatever I did, which I think involved downloading a dictionary and installing it, I got it working. I installed openoffice for a friend ages ago and just last night realised the dictionary wasn't working too. I tried to figure out how to solve the exact same problem I had before, that I solved completely by myself, but after being on Google and forums for well over an hour now, I can't seem to solve it :o

As far as I know, the problem is that there's no dictionary installed, the ENG-UK dictionary is in the ENG US language pack as far as I know. I saw a pack from 2006 I think, but the extension manager of my own OpenOffice has an "English spelling and hyphenation dictionaries and thesaurus" extension dated 2008.07.01.

There seems to be an error on the extension page of the OO website so I'm at a bit of a loss as to how I can get this working again.

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Did OpenOffice not become Libre Office or are they completely separate!?

http://www.libreoffice.org/download/

I know it's a bit of a longshot but try installing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

they're completely separate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

Try the following settings
    http://db.tt/7B3HwnW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

thanks for the replies, it's not the settings, but I actually need a language pack for Openoffice 3.0 now it seems, unfortunately 3.0 is an old version and I can't for the life of me find a compatible en-GB language pack for it. Can only find the pack for 3.3 (the current release). I know I could just download 3.3 and go from there, but I think the language pack if I can find it, would be an easier solution?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If it was for myself, I would, but I'll be explaining all this over email so it would be a lot easier with just a language pack for 3.0 rather than having to guide through installing and upgrading new 3.3 and then also having to then install the language pack on top of that :)

Advertisement