Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communion Beads

Options
  • 27-04-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy communion beads in Galway ? Not looking for the expensive ones in the jewellery shops. Was in the Treasure Chest but they had a poor selection.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Killed wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy communion beads in Galway ? Not looking for the expensive ones in the jewellery shops. Was in the Treasure Chest but they had a poor selection.

Thanks

Try the shop in the Cathedral. There is a Christian Bookshop in the old Cathedral building as well.
    maybe one of the parish offices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I'm fairly sure there's a religious shop / book-shop opposite Apache pizza on Lwr Dominic Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

foto joe wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure there's a religious shop / book-shop opposite Apache pizza on Lwr Dominic Street.
    ^^it's called an tobar nua, they would have them alright. They're right beside the canal

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Cathedral Bookshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Communion beads???

If you mean rosary beads ... suggestions as above, or Amazon.

If you mean communion breads ... no idea, but why would you want them anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

They are, I believe rosary beads for first communion. They are usually white/delicate (not sure if they have an additional eucharistic symbols on there). I think sometimes they come 'pre-blessed' :)
    There's also a little chapel shop at the back of Claddagh Church, if you go around the side. Not sure of the hours, but they definitely have beads.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

I do know theres a very small amount of them in An Tobar Nua,was in there the last day.Cathedral your best bet if none left in An Tobar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

mine glow in the dark :) it sure was freaky discovering that the night of my communion. I got mine in old Roches store. You will probably find nice ones in the cathedral like others have said.

Advertisement